free website stats program A White Christmas? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

A White Christmas?

I grew up in rural NE, is that an oxymoron? :swoon

Anyway, I think there were 3 trees between us and Canada, and every storm that hit would be accompanied by high winds and snow drifts, real big snow drifts. I would wake up in the morning, look at the driveway, and if we got snow, the cars were covered, just lumps in the snow.

End result, I think the proper way to observe snow is on TV or in a picture. :lolrolling

Man, I feel your pain. We had 28" and it's going to be around a while. It took 2 days to dig out of the house and drive way. No fun.

I've spent most of my holiday vacation in MN shoveling/blowing snow. Guess it's par for the course.

I moved to the Oklahoma City area 6 years ago from the Northern edge of the country, I am used to snow in large quantities as much of you are. The problem here is about 50-50. 50% not having equipment to deal with this much snow and 50% people that have no clue how to drive in it. Many still drive like it is bare ground and using their cell phones. Clueless. I was stopping and helping stuck peole, then I realized they are better off stuck than driving. And that is no exageration. You would have had to seen it to believe it.

So much for global warming seems everyone is having near normal winter this year, cooler here in Florida also

here in Southern Ontario we are still waiting for snow , we live in the snow belt area between 3 great lakes & we still haven`t got snow . any thing less then 4 inches I don`t consider a snow fall, On the lighter side if it wasn`t for the salt I`d be out riding today , even if it was just long enough to get cold - Happy Holidays Everyone

Walleye you describe exactley how people in the Vancouver BC area drive in snow. All kinds of immigrants here that have no clue how to drive in poor weather conditions. It's kinda funny watching them do 50-60 Mph without even moving.

Back