free website stats program A White Christmas? | Harley Davidson Forums

A White Christmas?

SoonerSoftail

In my 52 years I've never seen a white Christmas. One pretty good ice storm a few years ago but never snow. Not until today. 14.5 inches officially. That's about 10 inches more than OKC sees total per year so there's no equipment to deal with this much snow. Our roads will be covered until it melts off. That could be days. There are literally hundreds of cars stuck on the sides of the freeways that will be there for days because wrecker services are that far behind. I shoveled my driveway and a single lady's across the street. Drifts three feet deep. I've never seen snow 3 feet deep and never want to again. Florida is looking really good about now.

In my 52 years I've never seen a white Christmas. One pretty good ice storm a few years ago but never snow. Not until today. 14.5 inches officially. That's about 10 inches more than OKC sees total per year so there's no equipment to deal with this much snow. Our roads will be covered until it melts off. That could be days. There are literally hundreds of cars stuck on the sides of the freeways that will be there for days because wrecker services are that far behind. I shoveled my driveway and a single lady's across the street. Drifts three feet deep. I've never seen snow 3 feet deep and never want to again. Florida is looking really good about now.
Just another winter day here in Wisconsin.

North Central texas got hammered in one day. I've lived here since 1995, and have only seen a dusting at or around Christmas time. Not this year! 7.8 inches in a 6-7 hour time span. WOW tried to insert a pic, but no luck

Last edited:
If they don't have the equipment to handle the snow, it is a bad deal. hope you got a cople of days of food to last out the weather. Look at it this way you are one day closer to spring.

First one in 40 years in my part of Va., most of it left from last weekends event.....looks like my ride for Dec. isn't going to happen, I try to do one every month of the year...

PS: Bing Crosby not withstanding, you can have all of your white Christmas'es you want, I think it's highly hyped.....

Sooner; I watched the storm move on the news, I hope you get out of it well. The effects of winter are so different across our country. A snowfall that shuts us down here in Georgia, wouldn't even be noticed in the north. In fact, they would think a 30 degree day with 2" of snow was a Nice day. We have had two recorded snowfalls in the 10 years I've lived here. None ever really stuck to the streets, but it closed the AFB and schools down for the day both times.

grew up in northern wisconsin and live in northern illinois. if i were to never see snow again id be a happy camper.

I grew up in Northern Ontario in the snow belt. I hate snow and cold air. Now live near Vancouver, and i do not miss all that snow.

Back