free website stats program A few pics of a couple new mods | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

A few pics of a couple new mods

Clean and well thought out, I like the way it matches the narrow "lean machine" overall integrated look...

I am a cold weather sissy and only have a three mile test ride on it. Handled great at speeds up to 25 mph. :D

Once it gets above 55, I will test her out.

I keep forgeting about hemisphere differences! I've got beautiful weather but three kids on school holidays...

Hey jmpancoast... love the rear end mod... I am looking to do something similar and was wondering what mods you had to do to get that turn signal bar on there?

Thanks

Hey jmpancoast... love the rear end mod... I am looking to do something similar and was wondering what mods you had to do to get that turn signal bar on there?

Thanks

I had a hard time getting motivated to do this because it meant drilling into a newly painted fender I installed a week before, but the install wasn't too bad once I got into it.

The signal bar is made for touring bikes so the mounting surfaces of the bar do not match the contour of the Dyna fender. I put it on a bench grinder to make it work. I drilled two holes in the fender for mounting. I used a piece of 1/4 thick by 1" wide aluminum strip to make a drilling template. I used a couple heavy rubber washers as cushions between the signal bar mounting surfaces and the fender. After the signal bar was ready to install, I turned the aluminum template into an under-fender brace. I was worried that the weight of the signal bar would put too much stress on the sheet metal. Worked great. Finally, I cut two slits into the plastic chrome taillight base and ran the signal wiring harnesses through these slits.

Thanks for the reply...

I thought about doing the same thing - machining down the bar mount to fit the fender - and looks like that is the only "easy" way to do it. Did you have any issues with the bolts going in on an angle because of the angle on the bar? I like the idea of slits in the tail light base, instead of drilling more holes in the fender.

I'm currently using the H-D Lay back license plate with the turn signal relocation and I just dont like the look of it.

The mounting bolts were kind of a pain to get started because of the angle. The angle is another reason for the aluminum bracket. I was afraid that as I tightened the mounting bolts, they would pull the sheet metal to fit this unnatural angle. The under-fender bracket prevented this.

Back