free website stats program A few pics of a couple new mods | Harley Davidson Forums

A few pics of a couple new mods

jmpancoast

Installed a 180 rear tire and a touring model rear signal bar. Got the signals off the struts. I used the slugs and strut brackets from my old detachable hardware kit. Picked up a set of rear rotor chrome bolts to use in place of the strut bolts.

Picture003.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Looks sweet! Did you have to relocate the lights to do the 180 tire or was that just a choice? I wanna do the 180 kit on mine and I have been thinking of changing the rear lights. Yours looks sick!

Looks sweet! Did you have to relocate the lights to do the 180 tire or was that just a choice? I wanna do the 180 kit on mine and I have been thinking of changing the rear lights. Yours looks sick!

I put a new paint set on it last week. When I removed the old rear fender and signals, I trashed the signal wiring. I took this opportunity to remove the detachable hardware and the signal relocation mounts. I went back to the OEM signal mounts and location and redid the wiring. When all was said and done, I was worried about the wiring and the 180 tire which was in the mail. The rear of my bike is lowered 1.5" which makes it even tighter in the fender. I spent a couple days searching the web for ideas and came up with what I posted here.

The signal relocation is not necessary, nor is the wide tire kit. But, you will need to make sure your wiring is tucked and secured. Let me mention that if your bike is under warranty and you take the bike to the dealer to have the 180 tire installed, a lot of dealers will not do it without the wide tire kit for liability reasons. If you take the wheel off yourself, you should be able to get an independent shop to mount it. The wide tire kit adds about $60.00 to the price of the tire, plus any related labor, which can add up.

I am out of breath now, so the short version. I did this for piece of mind and ended up loving the look.

Bike looks great! First rear tire change on mine gets me a 180. Any noticable change in the handling?

I am a cold weather sissy and only have a three mile test ride on it. Handled great at speeds up to 25 mph. :D

Once it gets above 55, I will test her out.

Back