free website stats program 94 FLSTC Getting better and better | Harley Davidson Forums

94 FLSTC Getting better and better

jimwis

Just wanted to mention how my low mile 94 FLSTC seems to be getting better and better. Bought brand new in 94 and loved this bike from the moment I got it. But turns out my weekends were lost to following my very talented baseball player son all over the country. (he is playing his first year of pro ball for Seatle Mariners minor league team Clinton Lumberkings....love that name) Bike has been really pampered altough not ridden as much as I would have liked.Well two summers ago my son got the great chance to play in the Cape Cod baseball league. What a blast. We live about ten miles north of Boston. And while my son lived on the Cape playing ball it gave me the chance to really start my riding passion again. I got the pleasure of traveling to all his games on my bike. Was the perfect way to enjoy both the things I love. Baseball and riding. The trips were around 130mi each way. I am lucky enough that my work allows me the freedom of making my own hours. So every other day I would jump on the bike around 2pm and head to the Cape beating any rush hour traffic. Grab a bite to eat. (plenty of great food on the cape) Watch all of his games and blast back home around 9:30 or so. Now with my son playing in the mid west my wife and I have been doing a lot of weekend juants. Just put on a new mustang seat and what a great seat it is.
But the thing I can't get over is just how good this bike has been. only real problem I ever had was bad voltage regulator and that smoked right in front of my house. Had it off went and got a new one replaced it all in less than an hour and a half. I have stayed pretty much stock except for pipes which I did with my custom paint when i bought the bike. And i have to say I have the stock carb tuned perfectly. I honestly could go buy brand new bike tommorow but to tell the truth I have no desire. If I did this bike would be kept in the stable till my son is done with his ball and I would give it to him. This ride is so sweet and it has waited so patiently for me. I think I am going to ride to Clinton Iowa to watch him play the end of august. Sorry for the long winded story but I am so happy with my ride I needed to share. Stay safe everyone.:newsmile036:

Thanks for sharing your experience jimwis. I too have a very talented ball playing son and hope some day to watch him laying with the big leagues. Also as the owner of a FLTSC I enjoy yor enthusiasm. Hope you have many more miles and fun filled moments watching your son on the field :D

Thanks Triplej how old is your son? Also my son played for Boston college and played in the longest college baseball game ever against University of Texas.......25 innings it was wild. thought I would mention it as I see you are from Texas. Lots of great baseball players from your neck of the woods.

Wow!!!! Must be something about Heritage's and baseball. My son will be a senior in high school this year, and a starting pitcher for the varsity team. Riding bikes and watching him play ball for the past 12 years has been my life. Can't complain. Enjoyed every minute of it. Hope he gets a scholarship, cause I'll be real depressed if his baseball career is over after this year.

Actually have 2 sons but the younger one (15) is still paying ball. His older brother (19) was quite the player as well but has given it up to join the Marines. Proud Papa to say the least. 25 innings! Thats a game worth watching for sure.

I have a black '94 FLSTC with 155,000mi. Had the motor sent back to HD for the reman. program at 140,000mi.

HDDon that is amazing. I hope you get 155,000 more.
How was it through the first 140,000..many problems?
Are they all your miles?

TripleJ,
You should be proud. Thank your older boy for me. There is no greater honor than to serve your country. My son's best friend is a Army Ranger on his second tour in Afganistan. Special young man. He is in our prayers every day. I'll add your boy as well.
Thanks.
Jim

JIMWIS,
This thread is worthless without pictures of your fine ride. Well,, not worthless- my wife and I are huge baseball fans. We love to ride to at least one Brewers game each season. Haven't done it this year yet. I just love to see the older clean bikes, as you can tell when they have been cared for just by looking at them. Hope your son makes it to the bigs. We have a daughter who was a superstar volleyball player. We traveled all over the USA watching her tournaments. Of course, that is a late fall, early winter sport, so we didn't get to take the cycle much at all. Great days those were!

Hi Sledboy,
Click my avitar and you will get a pretty good idea of what it looks like.
I will take some new pictures and post them. I have a picture in show us your soft tails.
Need some new ones.
Must be great to actually ride to a Brewers game. I wouldn't go anywhere near Fenway with my bike. But I am going in the cage next Wed. with some buddies. Playing Clevland always fun at Fenway, We have had the pleasure of seeing my son actally play there about 6 times. Drove one off the monster for a double and hit the triangle in deepcenter about three feet shy of going out for a triple. It is great to have shared in so many of our kids dreams.
Never able to get pics to do the bike justice. I went with a fifties look of black and white.
Had a great guy put gold leaf around tanks and down fenders with a very fine red pin stripe on each side of leaf. Watched him work for about 10 minutes. Put the swirls in the gold with a mini buff wheel all by hand. He was really cool about me watching. But I couldn't handle watching as I was sure I would say something at the wrong time and mess him up. I will try to get some pics that give the detail.

Thanks for the post.

Back