free website stats program 500 mile breakin | Harley Davidson Forums

500 mile breakin

formike56

Finally made almost 600 miles on the new motor. Took it in for the breakin service. By the time I got out of the dealer I was $800.00 short in the wallet. I had the service done, New SE180 tire on the rear, with new brakes on the rear, Complete fluid change, Mike Lazano did a Dyno tune. The results after the tune up was 100HP with 108 FT.LBS Torque. That is a little better than stock.....:D It was well worth the $$$$$. Now what can I buy????? I will taking a ride today & tomorrow. Since our weather outlook is high 70's for the weekend.:bigsmiley8:

Hah...a "-little better than stock!" Well, all I can say is you have done the first step..."Performance mods", so I would say long term Rider/Driveability mods are next, but looking at your avatar, it looks like you are pretty pat and comfortable, have plenty of storage (for SOLO), but where is your protective riding gear?...Yeah I know it was probably a perfect day, but...!

Hah...a "-little better than stock!" Well, all I can say is you have done the first step..."Performance mods", so I would say long term Rider/Driveability mods are next, but looking at your avatar, it looks like you are pretty pat and comfortable, have plenty of storage (for SOLO), but where is your protective riding gear?...Yeah I know it was probably a perfect day, but...!

Uh Oh - busted by the ATGATT police! :p

ATGATT?...is it all the guys at the table...thanks for the reminder 'bout time to eat and yer making me hungry...:newsmile016:

Ya it was a perfect day... About 80 degress's out in the middle of Utah.. The protective gear was in the saddle bags protecting it.

ATGATT?...is it all the guys at the table...thanks for the reminder 'bout time to eat and yer making me hungry...:newsmile016:

Can't tell if you're tongue is firmly in cheek or not. For those who don't know:

ATGATT = All The Gear, All The Time

hey there's nothing like layin on your stomach in an emergency room while a cute little nurse picks gravel out of your butt :D (from personal experience) lol

Personally I would prefer the cute little nurse outside the emergency room thank you very much.

Doc D. thank you for the ATGATT primer...I am a firm believer in wearing safety gear all the time. If it is 80 or 90 deg, I wear vented leathers that allow air flow...and heres a funny thing, chaps can HELP keep the major heat off your legs...I found that out when I did a long loop with my gal from the cool beaches around 65 deg on the coast, that rose quickly to 100 deg in the Simi Valley while on the Sporty...(didn't want to stop and take some of the gear off, 'til we got out of there) knowing that it was just 82 deg in Camarillo just about 40 miles away.

Last edited:
Good leather (vented) , long pants (jeans), boots (good ones), gloves and helmet. Always. 40 degrees or 140. You never know when the cage with its' right turn signal on, turns left. Yep, it was a nice summer day when I was young and dumb. Shorts on with a T-shirt crusing on my Truimph Bonnivelle going around 40 when grandma decides to turn left. Well I was passing on the left since her right turn signal was on. Slammed into her door and rode the bike down. Since then, I will always, always, wear gear as if it was riding on gravel and it was 32 degrees outside. Be safe, Be smart.

Back