free website stats program 2015 Street Glide Special Clutch Adjustment | Harley Davidson Forums

2015 Street Glide Special Clutch Adjustment

danthern

Greetings gentlemen...My son has a 15 SG Special. The clutch cable that I'm used to seeing with the 2 adjuster nuts that adds slack when you adjust the clutch is not the same as I'm used to seeing on past and present Harleys that I've owned ( a couple of Road Kings, Super Glide, Fatboy and a Sportster). I can't find that adjuster on this bike....First HD with a fairing that we've had so maybe that's the difference...? Haven't downloaded the manual yet....anyone know the procedure for adjusting the clutch on this model? Thanks in advance

Notice the master cylinder on the left that looks like the front brake master cylinder? The clutch is hydraulic, no cable.
Since I don't have one, I can't help with the adj., except to say that a 2015 should go to the dealer if the clutch is not right.

Set correctly from HD and full of fluid, basically needs NO adjustment.

What is Not working correctly to think it needs adjusting?

Maybe AIR in the line?

As the clutch wears, the hydraulic parts move in to take up the Slack....Kinda like your brake pads...

signed....BUBBIE

Set correctly from HD and full of fluid, basically needs NO adjustment.

What is Not working correctly to think it needs adjusting?

Maybe AIR in the line?

As the clutch wears, the hydraulic parts move in to take up the Slack....Kinda like your brake pads...

signed....BUBBIE

I guess I assumed that you need to adjust it every 5k like I've done with my other bikes. It lets out very late, which again, on the other motorcycles, I've been able to adjust. So essentially, it is what it is, so to speak?

danthern,

I'll do a little questing to see IF there can be anything done to change that clutch handle location where it come out far for you.

Get back here later...:D

signed....BUBBIE

This is a reply from an HD employee i know on another forum... Knows his stuff...

The dampener spring and seat are the things that control friction points with hydro clutches.

He could possibly add another dampener spring seat and see where it grabs then.

I have not even had one apart... I'd be like you and trying to adjust the cable out...:rofl :small3d023:

signed....BUBBIE

You can bleed the system out @ the tranny trap door bleeder thats it unless you want to update internals in the hub
Hydraulic clutches are self adjusting as long as you keep proper amount of fluid and have NO leaks

Back