free website stats program 2015 Street Glide Special Clutch Adjustment | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2015 Street Glide Special Clutch Adjustment

HD14FLHTKSE028.gif

Here is your clutch, take notice there is no adjustment in the center any more

I had to chime in here FWIW...

When my 2014 SG was delivered and I started to ride it, I found the hydro clutch to be extremely hard to pull in. It was quite frustrating and painful for me. Not only that, but the reach to grab the lever was also frustrating; too far from the grips for my size hands. I asked the service department about adjusting it and they told me there is no adjustments with the hydro clutch.

I purchased a set of Kuryakyn Boss Blades levers that claim to have a "reduced reach" and found them to be slightly better but not much. Since they weren't very expensive, I decided to keep them. Since they are chrome, they look better than the stock aluminum levers.

Now, after 3,500 miles, the clutch lever seems to have gotten easier to pull in. The bike is much more enjoyable now that I can pull the clutch in with less effort. :)

The next upgrade from Harley will be a lever with an adjusting screw and lock nut arrangement that presses on the master cylinder plunger. This would allow the individual owner to put the friction point where HE wants it, NOT where Harley thinks it ought to be. As long as Harley has been doing hydraulic clutches, this should be standard from the factory.

Back