free website stats program 2015 Road Glide? | Harley Davidson Forums

2015 Road Glide?

Nikko684

So I was wondering, is anyone the proud owner of a 2015 Road Glide? I wanted to hear all about it. How does it feel to transition to a stationary fairing? Is it weird? Heavy? Light? How does it handle at low/high speeds? whats the stock sound system like? what do you rate the comfort level? Is it worth it? I'm seriously considering trading up yet again....

So I was wondering, is anyone the proud owner of a 2015 Road Glide? I wanted to hear all about it. How does it feel to transition to a stationary fairing? Is it weird? Heavy? Light? How does it handle at low/high speeds? whats the stock sound system like? what do you rate the comfort level? Is it worth it? I'm seriously considering trading up yet again....

I ride a Street Glide (handlebar mounted fairing) but I've rented a Road Glide for the day on two separate occasions. It only feels odd for about 15 minutes and then you totally forget that the fairing isn't turning with your bars.

Less weight on the bars makes for lighter steering effort and wind gusts don't affect your tracking as much since the force isn't transmitted to your handlebars.

I don't think you'll get many arguments against the actual physics of the frame mounted fairing - it's mainly a styling choice.

Took a 2015 Road Glide out the other day for an extended test ride. Steering definitely feels lighter than my batwing. I really liked the feel of the bike BUT the wind hitting me in the face was brutal! No buffeting but the wind came off the low windscreen right at face level. I'm only 5'9" so I was a little surprised by this especially considering the advertising about the wind tunnel designed fairing. The dealer didn't have a taller windscreen to try but I do think that would probably solve the problem. They are supposed to get one in this week and give me a call to try it. Because of the wind you could hardly hear the stereo at anything over 40mph. Tried a 2015 Ultra right after just to compare and the wind and wind noise were non-existent. Really liked the Road Glide feel and styling so if the taller windscreen helps then that will be my next bike very soon. I would also like to hear from anyone who has bought a 2015 for their opinions

Rode a High Output Road Glide this weekend. Like Blackhorse says, needs a higher wind break, I'm 5'10". They say more are coming out. Took me about 10 minutes to get used to the fairing. I start buffeting at 85-90 on my RKC, none on the RG at 97mph. This one had all the bells and whistles. 4 speaker Stereo, D&D exhaust, Stage 1, fuel management, etc etc etc. No noticeable difference in height between the RKC and RG.

Sweet ride, but to make it what I want her to be, I'm looking at 30-33k. If I can go back and back charge my kids for rent, mow yards and sing on street corners, I might burn that kind of money.

Right now, my '03 RKC is still the ride of choice......and mine:hii

Right now, my '03 RKC is still the ride of choice......and mine:hii

Funny how that happens. All the buzz of the new and improve models and when it comes down to it the best bike for you is in your garage...:shock

Blue is faster than black,especially when you dab a splash of silver on it! Then it as fast as a blue & silver streak. :newsmile01:

Back