free website stats program 2014's are out | Page 7 | Harley Davidson Forums

2014's are out

I'm gonna have to stay out of this subject, I'm going to get myself banned if I don't.

The sales numbers will tell, and really, in the end, my opinion doesn't matter any more than yours. I hope that Harley does well with these new models, and to be perfectly honest, we are probably not their target audience with "Project Rushmore." These are likely to entice the first-time Harley rider (of which, most of us are not).

I'll pursue the technical dialogue elsewhere.

Cheers. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
It may be interesting to some to do some research on stopping distances and ABS brakes. There are published tests that show that even professional moto gp race bike pilots have a very difficult time beating ABS stopping distances with non ABS brakes.

My quarrel is not with the ABS brakes; definitely an improvement. My problem is that the ABS brakes are now linked meaning the rider is not able to apply front or rear brakes as he deems appropriate in a given situation. Apply pressure to the front brake also applies pressure to the rear and visa versa. That was what "for the man that doesn't know how is brakes work" alluded to.

I am not saying linking the brakes is a good or bad feature, just saying that I prefer to decide when and how much brake to apply in any given situation; not a computer.

My quarrel is not with the ABS brakes; definitely an improvement. My problem is that the ABS brakes are now linked meaning the rider is not able to apply front or rear brakes as he deems appropriate in a given situation. Apply pressure to the front brake also applies pressure to the rear and visa versa. That was what "for the man that doesn't know how is brakes work" alluded to.

I am not saying linking the brakes is a good or bad feature, just saying that I prefer to decide when and how much brake to apply in any given situation; not a computer.

I rode a new Goldwing with the linked ABS brakes and I didn't like that "feature" at all. If you go hot into a corner and use your brake at all it upsets the balance of the bike.

I rode a new Goldwing with the linked ABS brakes and I didn't like that "feature" at all. If you go hot into a corner and use your brake at all it upsets the balance of the bike.

Because you are no longer able to trail brake while cornering. I wonder what happens when riding the rear brake to keep the EG's upright while tight turning?????

Because you are no longer able to trail brake while cornering. I wonder what happens when riding the rear brake to keep the EG's upright while tight turning?????

Using just the rear brake was key in slow speed handling. The rear will stand you up while just the front will take you down.

I'll reserve judgement on the new models and let time decide how they'll last. I'm never really that much for jumping on the first year model with it's so-called improvements/advancements.

Not running out to buy one as my '09 suits me just fine and isn't causing me problems (touch wood).

I'll reserve judgement on the new models and let time decide how they'll last. I'm never really that much for jumping on the first year model with it's so-called improvements/advancements.

I'm beginning to think the same thing. I was thinking about trading mine in on a new one, but I think I'm gonna wait to see how this twin cooling works out first. So, instead of being one of the first to own a water cooled, twin cooled, whatever, I'll own the last Ultra Limited thats not :D

Back