2014 ultra limited

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by filleup, Aug 24, 2014.

1. filleup

filleup New Member

Living in Fl. I realize it's hot BUT I am experiencing a lot of heat on my right ankle.

2. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

:good
    Welcome from Pittsburgh, Pa.

Is this your first touring Harley???????? They are always hotter on the right side versus the left. They run lean to meet EPA requirements.

3. Jeff Klarich

Jeff Klarich Well-Known Member Contributor

:wce From the Rocky Mountains. While your reading posts look for the ones related to your problem. One of the biggest things you can do is add more fuel, Harleys tend to run to lean from the factory. Adding more fuel will surely help cool her down.

4. filleup

filleup New Member

Road a road king for 14 years and a 2010 ultra totaly stock.It was hot. Okay so my 2014 cobra pipes and stage 1. it's hot like riding a rolling bbq. I still have to have it dynoed yet. sure hope it helps.

5. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

If a fueler has not been added after the 2 mods you have stated, the bike is terribly lean and will be excessively hot.....

6. filleup

filleup New Member

The tuner will change with the dyno tune. Just hope that makes some difference.

7. filleup

filleup New Member

My 2014 ultra handles very well, has plenty of power and stops ( well lets just say I have to peal my wife off my back after a quick stop and the brakes seem to save me more now days because I seem to enter situations too fast.
    Oops! I didn't say that.

Fellow riders I'm 67 years young.
    Lost my leg below the knee 5 years ago and still kicking.
    Been wrenching all my life on one thing or another.
    Honda cycle certified.and ASE certified. So I know my way around a tool box. I realize technology is passing me by But I Get by with a little help from my friends.

Thanks;

No applause and certainly no tears. Just living LIFE.:42:

8. fin_676

fin_676 Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Welcome to the forum

Brian

9. Bodeen

Bodeen Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Glad to have you aboard! :ws:rider
    From Central Florida.

10. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

Good for you... That's some great encouragement for us younger Lads...:s

There is no problem riding them like you stole it. So maybe in redesigning the new bikes Harley knew the needed to compliment performance with better stopping power....