free website stats program 2014 heritage | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2014 heritage

Thank you Jeff, and Tourbox. I miss spell a lot of stuff now and then. No problem. My brother- in- law is coming down from Connecticut Labor Day weekend. He says every once in a while his 2014 Herrtage Classic Soft Tale will stall at a traffic light. But starts right up every time. I'll take a look at his Idle Air Control, and look for that pin hole behind the butterfly ( is what I call it) and clean it out. I don't have 2+2 carburetor cleaner, I have break klean. (The good stuff in the red can). I think that will clean it up if there's a restriction or dirt there. Thank you so much. He bought it new. He had HD put a tune on it and pipes as well. He brought it back several times, and they said there's no codes. I don't get that.

The hole is at about 12 o'clock, stuff a rag in the throat to catch any junk.

Any carb cleaner will do the trick.

Now I know exactly what you guys are talking about. The small hole in the butterfly itself. OH YEAH BABY! I get it, if the hole is partially plugged up. It's almost like trying to choke a cold engine, it's not getting enough air when the butterfly is closed. So when he tries to give it more throttle, it stalls because it has way too much gas than the engine to handle at an idle to begin with. Also if the engine temperature sensor is telling the ECM that the engine is cold when it's at operating temperature, that screws things up big time! All this makes perfect sense now. I'm on the same page I believe. Thanks again guys.
Anthony

The hole is in the throttle body throat at about 12 o'clock. Keep the butterfly closed and stuff a rag in to catch the junk and it will keep the debris from getting into the engine.

In the throttle body itself. OK I see I was wrong. Thank you for the correction. I never have a
problem making a mistake, then being
Informed about my mistake. That's what helped me gain my knowledge thanks to folks just like you Jeff

Thank you
Anthony

Back