free website stats program 2014 heritage | Harley Davidson Forums

2014 heritage

Hi! I have a '14 heritage and it is giving me some issues. It will ramp up the rpms at the light and when I roll on the throttle it tries to cut out. Replaced the original plugs with NGK and didn't really do much. Except the aftermarket "Boss amp and speakers" and Vance and Hienz pipes, everything else is stock. Tonight, I went for a short 20 miles ride and went in the store to get some beer. Came back out and the bike wouldn't start. After running the battery down, had my daughter bring me the jumper and it fired up. Rode it home and no problem starting after that. What could possibly be wrong?

By the way, I was able to run diagnostics and I got the PO118 code, which means ET sensor OPEN/HIGH.

Last edited by a moderator:
Test that sensor, and connection, if the ecm doesn't know temp it can run like crap or not start.

I would also be suspicious of the IAC. You can try the whole cleaning thing as discussed on this site, or just change it out and be done with it as a potential problem now or later.

Cheers,

TQ

This is what TQ is referring to.

As suggested try clean the IAC. Remove the air cleaner so the throttle opening is exposed. Stick a small rag in against the butterfly, look at about 12 o'clock in the throttle snout, you should see a hole. spray some good carb cleaner in the hole and that should clean out all the oily gunk that gets in there.

Depending on how dirty it is you may want to repeat the cleaning process a couple of times.

Sounds like two problems. Clean the IAC but also load test the battery; bet it will fail.;)

Back