free website stats program 2012 Switchback on the website | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2012 Switchback on the website

Looks like a 3 way cross between a Road King, A Dyna, and a Street Glide (front fender). I like it and I can see where the MC might sell alot of these bikes. It looks as though the they have created a nice agile all around town, cross country bike. If I was in the market for a new bike I would consider this bike. It is not bulky like the RK, looks good when you pop the saddle bags off, the big front end should provide a nice platform for long distances and I love the floor boards.
I can also see this bike replacing a lot of sportsters that woman are riding, I say this only because I just showed it to my wife (she has 2011 Heritage Classic) and the first thing she said was "ooohhh I like the shocks makes it look classic, WHAT you can pop the saddle bags off for around town, I want one of those". Yeah I think the MC hit the nail on the head with this one.

Ok, took a ride down from Jacksonville to Daytona today to check out the new Switchback. They had one in the sunglow red. Man this is going to be a big seller. Hard saddlebags quick release windshield same front end as the Hertiage/Fatboy, floorboards and has a really nice balance to it. Comes stock with the 103ci engine. Only real down side that I can see was that it should have come stock with an oil cooler and ABS brakes, both of these come with the security package as an add on.
I can see this as becoming a very popular bike as it is priced right, looks good with the bags and shield on/off or any combination of. It has more torque than either the heritage or the fatboy. This is the bike that will fill the gape for those who do not want a touring bike but don't want a plain Jane Superglide. I like it and think it will be a big hit.

Back