free website stats program 2012 Switchback on the website | Harley Davidson Forums

2012 Switchback on the website

Looks nice. But for me, about $2k more and about 100 pounds more weight I would opt out for the Road King. Just me talkin'.:D

I think Harley's market share will grow. Some who would like to purchase H.D. do not because of cost. This motorcycle is in line with the non Harleys and would be a better buy because of resale value. So I think the MOCO has hit a bullseye with this one.

Looks nice. But for me, about $2k more and about 100 pounds more weight I would opt out for the Road King. Just me talkin'.:D

RK is $17500 and weighs 775
Switchback is $16000 and weighs 700

The weigh difference is not even 100 lbs! I would go with the RK as well.....guess if you really love the Dyna frames and want more out of it as far as touring or daily commutes the switchback is an good option. We'll see what the reviews form the mc magazines say......you know they will test and compare this one as it is the only real new thing from HD this model year.

I agree with you. Dont get me wrong I really like Dyna's but for just a little bit more $ you can get a lot more bike with the King.

I think that the price point and what you are able to do is the plus side with the Switchback. Though I think they could have come up with a better name for it..

Cannot say that I am a fan of this one. Love the Dynas, have bags and a windshield on mine, but not a fan of the floorboards for the Dyna or the painted bags. they should have left those as pegs and leather bags, IMO. I could buy a lower end dyna, add the stuff they have on this too for less money. My Bob is still safe in my garage :)

Not for me. This is suppose to be setup for touring but it only has 4.3 inches of ground clearence? Lean angle is terrible. I would take the RK over this in a heartbeat.

Got a quick look at the Switchback at Chesters HD in Mesa, AZ, today. They had one, the red version, and it was getting cleaned up for display.

First impression - very attractive and functional. The fenders look like they were sourced from the Softail CVO, the front fork assembly from the Softail, and the headlight is the Freight Train setup. Didn't get to check the floorboards to see how they mounted so no feel on retrofitting. The saddlebags are a new design and visually matched the fenders. The seat, dash, and controls were all standard HD.

One thing I didn't like was the semi-polished covers on the engine and tranny. They didn't have the brushed look of the Fat Boy Lo nor were they particularly shiny. I would have expected chrome at this price point. The cost of swapping for chrome would get the Dyna into the Road King or Heritage range.

There will be, apparently, a mirror chrome version of the wheels coming, at an aftermarket price. And as another poster said, spoke wheels would be a good option since Harley is advertising spoke wheels that run tubeless. Wonder if those would retrofit?

Second impression - Probably will not trade my 07 basic Dyna for the Switchback. I am considering a solo type touring bike and thought this might be the one. Would prefer to save a bit longer and go for the Road King.

Back