free website stats program 2012 StreetGlide rattels when cold | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2012 StreetGlide rattels when cold

jack, the bike really does not rattle in nutral. Just when it is cold and in the lower gears. After about 10 or 15 mins of riding, she is fine. Still trying to find the problem.

jack, the bike really does not rattle in nutral. Just when it is cold and in the lower gears. After about 10 or 15 mins of riding, she is fine. Still trying to find the problem.

Could still be a transmission noise, What are you running for fluid? There have been tons of complaints about the 6 speed noise OOPS, I see you R running Redline, A very good product. I would swing her by the dealer and have them ride it and show you ALL tech bulletins on this noise

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like typical VTwin valve train noise. Synthetic seems to make it more pronounced. Betcha using conventional motor oil will quiet it down quit a bit? Had the same problem and going back to regular oil quieted it down significantly...Let me know if you decide to try it.

Back