free website stats program 2012 Heritage Softail Air Cleaner Recommendations | Harley Davidson Forums

2012 Heritage Softail Air Cleaner Recommendations

I have a 2012 Heritage Softail and I am about to slap on the Vance and Hines Big Shot longs. I have read through all of the stuff on the ECM and EFI and have narrowed down to a power commander or a screaming eagle super tuner. I plan on also upgrading my exhaust for the time being. However, I would like the option of doing stage 2 in the future which is why I am thinking about one of those modules.

Anyhow some of the air cleaners I have seen that I like are below. let me know what your recommendations are and why. I apologize in advance if there is an area best suited for this, but I didn't see a forum just for air cleaners, maybe a good idea? Anyhow, I know this is all based on opinion but I will take what I can get.

I really like the look of the kurakyn hypercharger or roland sands design (these things look sick with there window into the ports)

Let me know your opinions!

Alot of bang for the buck when combining both items and you may be saving quite a few $$$s: Screamin' Eagle Stage I Air Cleaner Kit - Twin Cam Models | Harley-Davidson USA

TFI Tuner From Dobeck Discounted (NEW OFFER) - Harley Davidson Community

As to mufflers if staying at 1.75" baffle or smaller it is not necessary to upgrade ECM. At most you will gain 5HP per exhaust and 5HP for air cleaner.... When doing both a fueler is recommended. So be sure to check out the TFI...
So the best advice I can give is to research and chose wisely

I am looking for more than just upgrading my breather, I want the look and feel change that comes with some of these other parts as well. I really like that glass door that lets you see in but for 450 bucks its not really worth it. The kurakyn is cool because it has the butterflys that open and close but I don't know how it really does in terms of performance for the engine vs all the others.

I am def changing the entire exhaust and the air cleaner so I will need the new EFI I just need to pick which breather I want. I see everyone pushing the TFI on here but from what I have read the power commander and screaming eagle modules allow for a lot more control over the engine in the long run. I am planning to do stage 2 eventually so I don't want to limit that with the fuel controller and the article I read on here seemed to make it sound like those 2 products were supperior over others.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a 2012 Heritage Softail and I am about to slap on the Vance and Hines Big Shot longs. I have read through all of the stuff on the ECM and EFI and have narrowed down to a power commander or a screaming eagle super tuner. I plan on also upgrading my exhaust for the time being. However, I would like the option of doing stage 2 in the future which is why I am thinking about one of those modules.

Anyhow some of the air cleaners I have seen that I like are below. let me know what your recommendations are and why. I apologize in advance if there is an area best suited for this, but I didn't see a forum just for air cleaners, maybe a good idea? Anyhow, I know this is all based on opinion but I will take what I can get.

I really like the look of the kurakyn hypercharger or roland sands design (these thingslook sick with there window into the ports)
Let me know your opinions!

Why not try the V&H Naked....

Hypercharger = junk! (apologies to those that have them).

To me, its mostly about looks and personal taste. I liked the RSD Venturi Speed 5 I had on my Heritage.

1236257347_RGHMF-L.jpg

Another option might be an SE A/C without the football, on my Road King I just attached a Joker Machine insert.

P1010728-L.jpg

After reading the post about the kurakyn's hypercharger with the diagrams and explanation I would never put one on my bike now. I really like the look of the roland sands with the glass centerpiece but I am worried about how quickly it will get cloudy or dirty in there if at all... The other thing I am trying to keep in mind here is that because I am on a 2012 the number of maps available at this time are somewhat limited (v&h doesn't even support it with there fuel pak). I am going to keep looking around at pictures of peoples intakes.

After reading the post about the kurakyn's hypercharger with the diagrams and explanation I would never put one on my bike now. I really like the look of the roland sands with the glass centerpiece but I am worried about how quickly it will get cloudy or dirty in there if at all... The other thing I am trying to keep in mind here is that because I am on a 2012 the number of maps available at this time are somewhat limited (v&h doesn't even support it with there fuel pak). I am going to keep looking around at pictures of peoples intakes.

Thats why Dobeck TFI comes so highly recommended... With the industries best customer service and infinite adjustment of unit yourself and the only tool needed is a small screwdriver you are set with any future mods done to your steed....:s

If you do a search for TFI on the forum, most everybody that has bought one is very satisfied with the unit. You can make adjustments without any maps and if you get the new Gen 4 unit, you can make adjustments with an AFR meter attached to the bars as you ride.

If you do a search for TFI on the forum, most everybody that has bought one is very satisfied with the unit. You can make adjustments without any maps and if you get the new Gen 4 unit, you can make adjustments with an AFR meter attached to the bars as you ride.

I am trying to avoid having to put the bike on the dyno and I don't know enough about the AFR to adjust with a screwdriver. I want to make sure that I don't do anything that would void my warranty, blue my pipes, or cause problems on the bike. I would feel much better about using a map for the exact parts I buy.

Back