free website stats program 2012 Heritage Softail Air Cleaner Recommendations | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2012 Heritage Softail Air Cleaner Recommendations

I am trying to avoid having to put the bike on the dyno and I don't know enough about the AFR to adjust with a screwdriver. I want to make sure that I don't do anything that would void my warranty, blue my pipes, or cause problems on the bike. I would feel much better about using a map for the exact parts I buy.

You are already going in the right direction by not wanting to dyno your bike. The adjustment is quite simple and with the guidance of Dobeck"s customer service by explaining to them what upgrades you have done they will help you set up the TFI so no need for dyno....
Don't sweat the small stuff.....:s

I have read that the RSD Clarity line has a specialty coating that does not allow oil and grease to adhere and a proprietary abrasion and UV resistant film to protect surface from yellowing, marring or breakage.

Any idea if a crankcase breather is worth/needed or when one becomes needed? I was looking around online and saw them and said they prevent oil from getting in the air intake...

I have read that the RSD Clarity line has a specialty coating that does not allow oil and grease to adhere and a proprietary abrasion and UV resistant film to protect surface from yellowing, marring or breakage.

Man they have a whole line of these see through covers! They have timing, derby, and more that are all see through wow!

Last edited by a moderator:
Any idea if a crankcase breather is worth/needed or when one becomes needed? I was looking around online and saw them and said they prevent oil from getting in the air intake...

If you never start your engine then you will not need a crank case breather however if you do start the engine when the piston goes down the cylinder the air has to go somewhere if no breather then all the engine gaskets will bust and let the excess pressure out of the crank case taking the oil with it

Bria

If you never start your engine then you will not need a crank case breather however if you do start the engine when the piston goes down the cylinder the air has to go somewhere if no breather then all the engine gaskets will bust and let the excess pressure out of the crank case taking the oil with it

Bria

Ok, I guess my question should be is there a reason to by one of the aftermarket ones or if whatever harley put on there is fine.

The crank case breathers are located in the cylinder heads they breathe through hollow banjo bolts that direct the crank case air into the air cleaner so that the oil laden air from the crank case can be burnt during combustion however at times oil from the crank case breather can accumulate in the air cleaner and drip from the cleaner cover on to the engine or your right leg after market breather systems try to eliminate this issue
I hope this helps a wee bit

Brian

Just got my 2011 fatboy back after having the D&D Fatcat, SE heavy breather, and 103 added. Love them all. Torque went to 115!!! HP to 89! Pluss...It all looks good!:D Will be posting some pictures soon. Hope this helps.

Back