free website stats program 2011 UC Limited Dyno Numbers | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2011 UC Limited Dyno Numbers

Did you pay for a complete Dyno tune or did you pay for a canned Stage 1. Was the dyno used only for a couple of H,P. runs or did the tech spend some time with it. You purchased a SEST and you now own the Dongle correct?

What is your altitude.

I watched him for about 3 hours, he did about a dozen runs and several uploads. I bought the SE super pro tuner and have the dongle, did not buy the software or cables yet, but may, according to what I read, I can do some tuning myself, but that will take a lot of studying before I venture into that. We are about 1200 feet.

Before you can begin to compare your numbers to someone else, you need to know if your numbers are raw or corrected. Dyno software will correct your 1200' elevation numbers to sea level.

You can expect to see about a 7% reducion in H.P. output from the elevation your at. Were the numbers you pulled "raw" or "corrected"?
If they are raw, then they must be corrected to sea level before you can compare them to someone elses numbers. I bet your numbers are raw, in which case, corrected numbers will be higher.

"Corrected" numbers also take into account other varibles also.

Also, if your using E10 fuel, then you also lost a little H.P because your A/F line should have been set to 13.3 instead of 13.6. 13.6 was the number that was agreed on back when pump gas was pure gasoline.

A little here & a little there can add up.

I finally recieved a copy of my dyno sheet.

Attachments

• 2011_Limited_Stage_I_Dyno_Sheet.pdf
    331.2 KB · Views: 66
I see they they set your A/F for E10 fuel. That's good. Take a look at the Red run condition temperature. That can't be correct could it. (105*F). 1200 ft also should be about 28.6 in Hg. There are some smoke & mirrors in the numbers..

I would not be too concerned with the absolute numbers without asking the dyno tech a few questions. Just look at the relative increase which is Good.

Cool.

About 10 for both hp & tq. You have to feel that in the seat of your pants!

On a precentage basis that is great! About 8.5 & 8.8 % if my math is correct.

Regardless of corrections... percentages show the increases.

Acutally, it feels soft or slow to take off, it felt better stock under 3k, it starts pulling better than stock about 3k up to the red line. Unfortunately, I do not spend much time there. Would the AFRs set where there at cause a gas smell in the oil?

Acutally, it feels soft or slow to take off, it felt better stock under 3k,

It is possible that the "throttle progressivity" map was changed a bit. That could make under 2500 RPM strength feel weak. On drive by wire bikes, you can map the twist grip to throttle butterfly as a ratio. You can tell the ECM to limit the butterfly to open a certain amount REGARDLESS of where the twist grip may be. For example you can map the throttle body to open only to 66% when the twist grip is at 100% @ 2200 RPM.

It is hard to tell but I seriously doubt the mapping has anything to do with the smell of gas in the oil. Your A/F line is during WOT. It says nothing about what it's at during idle or cruise speeds. But I seriously doubt your engine is richer during idle & cruise than it is at WOT.

Back