free website stats program 2011 FLHTK highway pegs | Harley Davidson Forums

2011 FLHTK highway pegs

So I finally decided to put highway pags on my engine guard on my 2011 Electra glide ultra limited and am running into a problem.

I measured twice centered and adjusted pegs but I seem to be reaching farther on the right than on the left. I then noticed the engine guard on left has a slight bend towards the back of the bike yet the right guard is straighter.

I have never dropped the bike and the guards came stock from the factory.

Question: Is this normal for the dresser bikes or do you think it was it dropped at the dealer before I bought it new.

The pegs are evenly spaced and centered on the bar but my left leg is bent and my right I have to stretch for the peg. The bike was level on a lift when I installed them tonight. (EDIT) any one have any thoughts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Question: Is this normal for the dresser bikes or do you think it was it dropped at the dealer before I bought it new.
Welcome, I just wanted to say I grew up calling them "dressers" too. I spent a good while wondering when dressers became baggers.
Man it takes a lot to bend a guard, wouldn't it leave a mark?

If your engine guard is truly bent (visually & physically) then it's time to address w/the dealership. Could either be (1) initial manufacturing flaw or (2) bike was "leaned" on it sometime @ factory/dealer. Either way - they need to make it right.

Yours should be same as my FLHX and there's no difference from Left to Right on the crash bar angle(s) and mounting my pegs on bike lift was easiest way to make level. Both sides should be equal - good luck!

Follow-up to the bend guard.
HD is replacing the guard free of charge, apparently it is a common problem when the bike is crated at the factory to bend the guard. It is the only tie down point on the bike and try occasionally get a bike with a bent tube. They "claim" to have missed it as I did during bike inspection.

Follow-up to the bend guard.
HD is replacing the guard free of charge, apparently it is a common problem when the bike is crated at the factory to bend the guard. It is the only tie down point on the bike and try occasionally get a bike with a bent tube. They "claim" to have missed it as I did during bike inspection.

:s Good deal, so much for Their PDI, glad it worked out for you:s

Back