free website stats program 2011 fatbob wont start | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2011 fatbob wont start

I removed it before i took it to the dealer to have a look at it.incase there was any foreign material on it,none there.Yes there was still magnetism,and i did put a ohm meter on it got a reading and when i touched a screwdriver on the end of it the reading changed,but i did not know how much resistance it should have.So i re-fitted it and took the bike back to the dealer for warranty and they diagnosed it.Will ask for the old sensor if they havnt thrown it in the bin when i pick it up and measure resistance.

Will ask for the old sensor if they havnt thrown it in the bin

That would be great. Without using exotic tools, I am trying to collect some info on whether the average guy with a hand-held meter can tell by using resistance tests, if one of those pickups is bad.

One of the other tests the service manual says to perform is an AC voltage output test. By chance did you perform that test.

Thanks again for any vital info you can pass along to all of us. Every little bit helps to build an accurate data base.

Dealer kept the faulty crankshaft sensor for warranty.All they told me was that they hook there diagnostic reader up through the ECU and that diagnosed it.So unfortunately i cannot connect a ohm meter to it now.

Back