free website stats program 2009 Street Glide Improvements over 2008 | Page 8 | Harley Davidson Forums

2009 Street Glide Improvements over 2008

LOL!....I knew it. Hehehe....its hard not to just stare at it, aint it? Frickin HD has the lines down pat, dont they?

I always said lookin at a Harley is like lookin at a fine woman. The lines are just toooo sexy!

I've got about 1500 miles on and havent washed it yet. Just "sponge bathing" and feather dusting so far has kept her lookin fine.

Mark in Pa
another rainy day :(

If this doesnt work I quit!...lol
done1.jpg

done3.jpg

done5.jpg

There ya go fellas! Sorry it took me so long to figure out how to get pics to post here!

Once you click the yellow bar, then click the pic to enlarge............

Hey Teleman001,

I just got off the phone with Mustang re: the solo seat, and they're telling me I can USE the current model seat, BUT it will stick up in the air above the chrome tank strip in front, and won't sit down in middle/back to the frame they way it should.

When I look at your pictures, it looks like it's sitting down in front and back just fine, I like the way it looks enough to copy you! (Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery). What are your thoughts on this, and what did you have to do to make it work... you mentioned a shock absorber rubber bushing I think... can you post a picture for the rest of us??

I've really got to do something or
1) my (EDIT) will fall off (stock seat is not happening for me)
2) the wife won't ride with me (not acceptable, she's the fourth, final, and best of all)
3) I'll buy another Sundowner, like I had on my 2007 Street Glide (and cover up that beautiful rear fender...)

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
lol...thanks. I'll take the seat off and post a pic of where I mounted the bumpers they sent me today sometime.

As far as my using the rubber buching from a shock absorber...it was partially my fault for telling the Mustang rep I spoke to (Alex) that I needed the same size bumpers that were on the seat already. Its really hard to tell with the seat on there, but it needed to be a bit longer for the seat pan to be supported on the redesigned frame.

The seat fits fine now but theres a strip of galvanized metal running from under the tank in the center, under the front of the seat which could be seen just a little when sitting on the seat....I suppose due to the seat flexing a bit. I corrected this by placing a piece of black duct tape on it. Completely un noticable now.

Like I said, I'll post a pic or 2 later today.....

Later,
Mark in Pa

seat1.jpg

seat2.jpg

seat3.jpg

seat4.jpg

<br><br>
Hopefully these pics will answer any questions, but feel free to ask if you need any further explainations!
Mark in Pa

Many, many thanks, Mark.
I take it that they weren't too difficult about sending the other bushing...

I'm off to buy one!!

Well, I ordered directly from the Mustang site and I would reccomend doing so.
Ask to speak to Alex, tell him we touched base and you want to do what I did but you need thicker bumpers than the ones fixed to the seat. Otherwise you'll be modifying a modification....so to speak, like I did. :)

He sent me them free along with a Mustang hat!
I have no complaints!
M

When I talked to Mustang last week, they said that the new 09 seats would be out "in a month or so". Might be worth the wait...??

When I talked to Mustang last week, they said that the new 09 seats would be out "in a month or so". Might be worth the wait...??

Yeah definitely, If I am spending $500 on a seat it better fit right the first time. Forget trying to make it work, if I got an '08 seat on ebay for a discounted rate that would be a different story.

I have a 09 SG Sun glow red with the stage two 103 big bore kit and 255 cams and Rinehart slip on's and I love it.

My last bike was a 2007 FLHRSE RKC CVO with the 110 CI engine. I just sold it and took a bit of a bath!

The dam thing keep leaking oil from the rear head gasket. HD just came out with a fix and I still didn't like that bike. It never ran good from day one! My 09 SG 103 can run cycles around a stock CVO 110.

The best bike I ever owned was a 01 RKC. I added the stage two 95 CC kit with Andrews Gear driven cams and Rinehart true duels to it along with a Mustang solo seat with a back rest and loved it.

I only have 800 miles on my 09 SG and this bike is going to be a number one hit in my book!

Once I add a Mustang solo seat and change all the oils to AMSOIL that is! I have been using AMSOIL in all of my bikes! Of course I didn't keep the CVO long enough to prove how good AMSOIL is and believe me I'm not a AMSOIL dealer. My 01 went 60,000 miles with out an issue and my wife's 04 Softail has been 28,000 miles with AMSOIL it has never had an issue, knock on wood!

As for the Rinehart Slip on's the bike runs cooler I think? I never rode the thing with the stock mufflers so I can't compare it and the 103 kit makes this bike as fast as my 110 CVO.

This 09 handles the curves like sport bike, all I need now is for dry weather. Its been raining in New England for 5 days!

Harley Davidson has a winner with the new touring upgrades! Now for some HOGTUNES!

My wife claims that I'm too old for Hogtune speakers I love to listing to CW and oldies!

It someone out their is thinking about buying a 09 HD Turing bike do it. My dealer had a demo to try out that is what sold me:D

Back