free website stats program 2009 Street Glide Improvements over 2008 | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

2009 Street Glide Improvements over 2008

Had a sundowner on the Deuce and hated it so much I ripped off the cover and re-fashioned the foam so it was like the stock seat then had it recovered. Great improvement! Only reason I got it to begin with was for the wider passenger to keep the wife comfy. Heard a lot of complaints about the sundowner in general. Your the first person I ever heard who liked it!
M

Oh well, I'm in the minority on a lot of topics and issues! Thank goodness there's so much aftermarket stuff for our bikes that everyone can be happy. Have a safe and enjoyable trip!

Just got off the phone with Mustangs rep. I told him I thought relocating the seat pan bumbers would solve the problem. He laughed and said "that was our fix for the 09's"!
So, rather than return the seat and wait....I am having him send me 2 more bumpers and rivits which I will install myself.
Just to be safe, I had him make a permanent remark in my file that he agreed to this should any warrenty issues arise. So there you have it. Another satisfied Mustang seat customer!

My sissy bar setup and freedom wings are being delivered today so I wanted to wait till I had all this stuff done before posting the pics. Will get them up this evening! 700 miles now and lovin it! BTW....have you guys ever heard of the "scavenger" oil flush system by "Rogue Choppers"? I have used it on my softail for the past year and a half. Did you ever wonder why your bike takes only 3 quarts of oil when you change it? Thats because there's a qt. of dirty oil left inside the engine! This is obviously an embarresment to the motor company which is probably why we never hear of it.
Phil at Rogue choppers is a cool guy and agreed to sell me just the parts I need for the Glide as the most expensive part of the kit which screws in place of the filter while flushing, is the same. You have to see this to believe it! Here's the link and let me know if your as surprised as I was to see this with my own eyes! ..::Rogue Chopper::Welcome::..

If this doesnt work I quit!...lol
done1.jpg

done2.jpg

done3.jpg

done4.jpg

done5.jpg

done6.jpg

done7.jpg

done8.jpg

There ya go fellas! Sorry it took me so long to figure out how to get pics to post here!

Once you click the yellow bar, then click the pic to enlarge............

Last edited by a moderator:
Teleman- I posted a new Topic yesterday with a couple questions about the 09 Street Glide. When you have a moment, would you mind shedding some light on that Topic? THANKS!!

Last edited:
Just got off the phone with Mustangs rep. I told him I thought relocating the seat pan bumbers would solve the problem. He laughed and said "that was our fix for the 09's"!
So, rather than return the seat and wait....I am having him send me 2 more bumpers and rivits which I will install myself.
Just to be safe, I had him make a permanent remark in my file that he agreed to this should any warrenty issues arise. So there you have it. Another satisfied Mustang seat customer!

Just in case any of you are considering a Mustang purchase....I got the rubber seat bumpers in the mail today and since it has been a wash out all day, decided to do the modification on the seat. I ended up having to take a grommet from an automotive shock absorber and saw it in half in order to increade the size of the bumbers as they were too short to reach the frame. Then with the added length, the pop rivits they sent were too short. A dab of black silicone and a couple stainless steele screws did the trick. Mission accomplished!

Back