free website stats program 2007 Fatboy Alarm issues..help! | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

2007 Fatboy Alarm issues..help!

I am going to run down whoever put the hard bags on, they had custom tailights relocated due to the bags. Bike was purchased in Greenville, S.C. I purchased this bike from a retired army Doctor, who worked in the Pentagon. He bought this new, and at the same time had all accessories put on. Quite a list, not that I know so much, but it was 7k in extras plus labor. He woulldn't had of done this himself. I am going to call the shop and ask for a printout. I have called them before and they have been decent , the information is on line for them, so I will put credit where credit is do. Almost hung me out to dry when my fatboy killed at the light..I know a few of you have been there. I was concerned with getting hit from the back, three lanes of traffic at the wrong time of day. I believe it is right to give heads up, just don't want to act like a snitch, I don't like whiners..But thanks for the input, I will verify, ask for a refund on what it cost. The wires were torched you guys. I couldn't see anyway this hadn't acted up prior, but, he had only 3500 miles on the bike when I purchased it. I will check into this tomorrow and ask why? my mechanic, 30 yrs on Harleys, good guy also, perhaps the best at the Harley Shop In Chippewa Falls shop, Sport Motors. He wasn't very thrilled that this happened. I asked him how. He told me in-experience and the fact that sometimes the instructions can be misleading depending on your bike. But, as I say, this wiring was toasted , both sides. All the way to where it connect to a module that connects to the front. Again, thanks glider, doc and everyone else who cares about this red neck farmer....Semper Fi...I'm learning, will ask for a print out from dealership and post...best I can do. Any other suggestions please keep me informed.. Waylon

Ah Technology isn't it GREAT, in the old days you find the one wire which was giving you trouble, spice it and move on. What you started out thinking it was just an Alarm issues and now you have to rewire the bike, maybe rebuild the motor and of course put new tires on just to fix a little "Technology"! Gotta Love Technology

I checked through the Documentation that came with my bike, Harley Davidson of Greenville, south carolina was the dealer who installed hard bags and other accessories, $4386.09 to be exact, Of course they have a disclaimer written into the contract on liability. I'll call them tomorrow, sure they're going to be like most places and acknowledge no responsibility. Be it what it is..I'll send a hard copy from our dealership here. Rear wires damaged, Run, Brake, turn signal, Turn signal relocation kit, fuses, rear tire. I did see the wire..I mean fried...unreal. Bike now running at 13.80 volts..at 998 rpms. per h-d digital tech II. ecm module. Live and Learn hey? Again, appreciate the insight...we'll take it from here..and hopefully..

Picked up at shop , have another fifty miles on fatboy, plugged in battery tender, one hour later H.D. charger showed green. Which I was told, was as charged as it can be. What is missing here? Shouldn't it be full charged, as diagnostics on altenator and starter checked clean? Good Lord, this disturbs me. Could it be something is missed? I soon will purchase some other bike. Just looking for gas mileage. Prefer to stay Ameirican..This really (EDIT)
. Has it all gone bad?

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish to thank all those helping me and advising me on my Fatboy issues. As a Harley Davidson employee, Milwaukee,wi plant, I am signing off this site. It has been enlightening to say the least. I am not a person who is perfect, and as an American Farmer, who feeds all the grateful people in the world, I have evidentally not been able to seperate the context of all inappropriate language that gets you questioned on this site. The Marines never Questioned my language. I am sure those who created this site, hopefully never questioned the USMC either. I will stay with My Harley Group and my Brothers in Arms...I sure do not wish:14: to insult someones personnal site by being off color. That would be untolerable for any biker to speak his or her opinion in a way that offended anyone...Bikers, never have been known to use off color lanquage anyway. Even us who keep you safe...God Bless.. Thanks for your tolerance, as my watch is over here..

Ah, Waylon, you should know that even in the USMC there are and are not places for what is considered by most of society as crude language. Even at Camp Lejeune you didn't go into the base Chapel swearin' like a ummmmmmm Sailor. This is just one of those places where you gotta control your language. Those are the rules and regulations here so you can't live with that and have moved on. OK, Semper Fi, Marine. Maybe we'll cross paths some day and I'll buy you a cold one. Now, if you buy me a cold one you can use any language you want.

Back