free website stats program 2006 1200 custom stock needle clip position | Harley Davidson Forums

2006 1200 custom stock needle clip position

inthedirt

I am having lots of trouble with the bike running at idle when hot. I can barely keep it going. It seems to be running way too rich. The carb jets are stock size but I think the previous owner may have played with the needle clip position.

Does anyone know what position the clip is in when stock? Mine is now set at 5 from the top.

The stock needle would have NO clip positions. It would be a straight needle with a head on top, no clip. Sounds like a dynojet kit. IMO, the best thing you could do is get back to the stock needle, emulsion tube and jets. Check the slide and see if its been drilled. If it has, get a new slide too.

Any mods to the bike or is it stock? I am no Sportster pro but the CV is pretty good when set up right no matter the bike.

http://www.hdtimeline.com/archive/t-764.html

I moved the clip to the fourth position but it is way too lean on the mid to top rpm. The idle is perfect with a 46 pilot jet. I'm going to get the stock needle and finalize the main jet to finish it off. Will probably start with a 180 main.

That sounds good.

What is the altitude (off sea-level) in your location?...

I'm at 4400 feet here in Az. and had to adjust My 06 1200 R to the Higher elevations... Making it leaner as it ran too rich from Wa. low, close to sea-level...

Air is thinner up here:small3d019:

signed....BUBBIE

You should do fine with those jets.

Are you replacing the JUNK needle and emulsion tube? ( I SEE you ARE)

That back to stock and you'll be running fine.

Quite a bit of my riding is From 4400 to 8800 feet...

Watch out for the tides:D

signed....BUBBIE

Back