free website stats program 2004 fuel injected soft tail idles way to high | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2004 fuel injected soft tail idles way to high

hi my 2004 soft tail has a problem when i turn the key on instead of it having the milage in the display it has what appears to read [tip] and it just start and dies or wont start at all if i turn the ignition switch on and off a bunch of times it will sometimes go back to mileage and then sometimes it will start in other words i have to mess with it every time to get it to start somebody told me that it was some kind of safety thing that if the bike is crashed it will shut off the engine what i need to know is how to reset that or clear it whatever it takes to make that [tip] or whatever it is go away can anyone please help me
http://www.craigwolford.com/04%20SOFTAIL/se03a.pdf have a look here also

Reset Bank Angle Sensor? - Harley Davidson Forums - HDTimeline.com have a look here sound familiar?

Have you read Jacks links he gave you have you tried anything yet, if so what? The magic wand may not exist............

Does anyone know how i can eliminate the security system on my 04 softtail i just want to take and get rid of the whole thing by unplugging it and just jump the plug im having bank angle sensor issues and i was told that it is all part of the security it doesnt work on my bike anyways so whats the point in keeping it can someone help me please

or if possible i would like to bypass the whole thing beings it doesnt work anyway and add a jumper on the plug if thats possible can someone help please

You can replace it(TSSM) with a TSM. But you will have to have the ECM reprogrammed. I don't know of a jumper to place or remove.
tourbox

Back