free website stats program 2004 fuel injected soft tail idles way to high | Harley Davidson Forums

2004 fuel injected soft tail idles way to high

zukowski

i have a 2004 soft tail that idles way to high i just got done putting a new intake manifold on it also it is stuck in some kind of tip mode i did a code check and cleared all the codes but that one it wont let me clear it does anybody got any ideas i need to go for a ride bad

Welcome to the forum! Post the code that keeps coming back. Sounds like you are saying its a tip over code? If so maybe a bank angle sensor that is bad....

The code is 61004 and where the mileage normally is it says what looks to be [tip] i keep trying to clear it but it keeps coming back and for the brief second its gone i can start the bike but it idles high when i do what does the sensor look like and where might i find it on the bike i have a book but its not that much help thanks

I always relate the high idle to an intake leak and since you say you replaced the intake, I would check that first.

The code should be b1004. The b looks like a 6.
It's meaning is, B1004 Fuel Level Sending Unit Low Instruments,shouldn't have anything to do with High Idle. I would go with r k dragon suggestion.
tourbox

Spray some WD 40 or an unlit propane torch around the intake seals, if the engine speedcpicks up you have found your problem

thanks it was air throttle positioning sensor just had to clean it out on the road again this website is great thanks again

hi my 2004 soft tail has a problem when i turn the key on instead of it having the milage in the display it has what appears to read [tip] and it just start and dies or wont start at all if i turn the ignition switch on and off a bunch of times it will sometimes go back to mileage and then sometimes it will start in other words i have to mess with it every time to get it to start somebody told me that it was some kind of safety thing that if the bike is crashed it will shut off the engine what i need to know is how to reset that or clear it whatever it takes to make that [tip] or whatever it is go away can anyone please help me

Back