free website stats program 2001 rk inner primary on a 99 flht | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2001 rk inner primary on a 99 flht

Ok i'm at bike with no brews in me yet
hope this answers it
my inner #60677-94a
inner i bought #60677-01b
hate to say but yesterday i didn't even notice the #'s were the same except for last three.What i noticed was they were a little different internally .All holes seem to be same size and location
Does this mean it's a fit

no seal in cover now,but i did buy replacement seal and bearing for mainshaft.Also have new jackshaft seal and o-ring for cover to motor

added/edit
btw this all came about because i needed to replace my shift lever (coming out of trans).So i thought while it's off lets swap inner for one easier to clean

If you already have those replacement seals, my guess would be your good to go. Of course with something like this you won't know until you do it but it sure looks like you have all the bases covered to me.

The holes line up and the appearance is same except for webbing.
The part number prefix matches on both parts.
The primary cover fits both inner parts.
The difference in bike years are as close as you can be without being the same year.
They are both touring models.

Kinda what i was thinking .Last night when i pulled it apart ,i had indulged in a couple of brews .When i saw they were a little different ,i decided to drop back and punt .The last thing i wanted to do was get it Almost done.And at the last fastener figure out why or what was different .Like i said ,i didn't even notice the first #'s were the same until this morning .Thanks for input .I'm going for a biscuit ,when i get back ,unless someone responds differently,i'll be putting back together .Thank you

Motor; I was just about to agreee with Hoople's post to go ahead, then I did a google search for both part #'s -94A and -01B. Everything I read said -01B fits '01-'06. Evidently there is some difference, maybe the oil hole you mentioned, or a bearing diameter, etc. You might want to read more returns than I did.
Just type in 60477-01b in the google search box. Let us know whatever your outcome is.

Last edited:
Motor; I was just about to agreee with Hoople's post to go ahead, then I did a google search for both part #'s -94A and -01B. Everything I read said -01B fits '01-'06. Evidently there is some difference, maybe the oil hole you mentioned, or a bearing diameter, etc. You might want to read more returns than I did.
Just type in 60477-01b in the google search box. Let us know whatever your outcome is.

Wow. Hopefully Motor reads this before he jumps into it. Like you said, one little thing like bearing diameter can mess him up.

Nope i jumped right in .After putting new seals and bearing in inner and fitting to bike .I now know the difference .The mtg holes for trans are about half a hole off .Something i should have seen last night when i dry fit it with no bearings or seals in it .:guitar.:rrOh well .I have a chrome inner that i paid 200 bucks for that is going to be a door stop.And Glider ,i had seen that lever fix thing.
I just didn't see it as that big of a deal pulling inner.

Back