free website stats program 2001 rk inner primary on a 99 flht | Harley Davidson Forums

2001 rk inner primary on a 99 flht

motor

bought a chrome inner primary off of ebay that is supposed to fit my 99flht.Seller stated it came off of a 2000 road king .Well i pulled mine this evening to put it on and there are some minor differences .The one that i just pulled off my bike has a 94 as the last number in a group and a 99 cast date .The one i bought has a 2001 cast in the back .They look similer,but are some different .It looks like just different internal bracing and a different way to feed/drain oil to jackshaft bushing.I just don't want to get it almost on then figure out why it won't work.Any input greatly appreciated .I have put off the install until morning in the hopes i will know more by then .I'm assuming mine being a 99 there is some carryover evo stuff still used on it .I just don't know what will interchange .sorry to ramble .thank you

Oh well .I had thought when i got up this a.m. someone would have answered .Unfortunately it was late enough yesterday that none of the local shops were open to ask the question.If anyone knows if this will fit it'd really help me to know for sure .I'm heading back to work (where the bike is)and going to try it ,in an hour or so .I'll check my puter there too ,just in case someone can help with this question ....thanks

In the first post i stated what i remembered .Looks like the one on my bike was originally cast in 94 ,but has a 99 cast date .The one i bought has a 2001 cast in it .When i get back to bike i can supply complete parts #'s.They look the same externally .It LOOKS like it'd fit.I'm just trying to find out for sure ,before i bolt it on .Thanks for responding .I can post part #'s at 8:30 or so .Not long after that i will be trying it ,unless i hear otherwise .

You own a 1999 FLHT. Sellers bike is a 2000 (possible 2001) XXXX.

What would the letters of the sellers bike be.

Seller said it was a road king(whatever letter combo that is) .It is a chromed(by a chrome shop) inner .I can post part #'s off of each in a little while :D.I asked the seller more than once if it'd fit .Got an absolute YES.And he did state 2000 rk .Although the inner has a 2001 cast in it

Seller said it was a road king(whatever letter combo that is)

That's what I was asking because I don't know either. Knowing the letter combo would help to cross reference part in master catalog I have.

Just went back and looked at ad.No letter designation.says fits 99-2006 touring.Where can i find a crossover chart/catalog like Hoople refers to

I thought I could go to Bike Bandit and look up stock part number for each and see if they were the same. Found 1999 part number but they did not have a listing for 2000/2001 RK.

Back