free website stats program 2 days with windshield, pros and cons | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2 days with windshield, pros and cons

After you get used to the windsheild, you will realize and think "HOW DID I EVER MAKE IT BEFORE I PUT THE THING ON"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For me - a windshield was a must have. Riding around town without a windshield is ok but I never liked it on the highway. Just too much air trying to push me off the back of the bike :D

So I got a windshield off ebay for my heritage ($49) and slapped it on. After about 100 miles here are my observations.
... .... .... .... ...
CONS:
Buffeting, but if I put my feet on top of the crash bar it mostly goes away
. ... .. .. ... ..

When you sit on the bike and look 50ft away at ground can you just barely see over the shield ? If the shield is too short you will have buffeting.

I hate the look of a windshield on my '05 Springer Classic, but it does make the ride more enjoyable without the bugs and the wind at speed. I just hate looking thru plastic and again, I hate the look, it takes away from the whole Springer look. My opinion, yours may differ, that's cool !

It's my understanding that a rider shoould be looking just over the top of the windshield, not thru the ws. That's the way I've done it on my last two bikes, which are the only ones that I've had a windshield on. As someone else said, once you get used to a windshield you'll wonder how you rode without one. lol I don't like the look of one on my bike, that's why it's detachable.

(I don't like the look of saddlebags either, that's why mine are detachable as well)

One thing I noticed I was not as beat up after a long ride with a wind shield:s

It's my understanding that a rider shoould be looking just over the top of the windshield, not thru the ws. QUOTE]

I'm sure some guys prefer to look OVER the ws, as do I on my Ultra, hence the 9" ws, but that's not a "should" at all, otherwise the factory ws would be shorter and there would be no market for these extra tall windshields. Looking over is a choice I'd say.

It's my understanding that a rider shoould be looking just over the top of the windshield, not thru the ws. That's the way I've done it on my last two bikes, which are the only ones that I've had a windshield on. As someone else said, once you get used to a windshield you'll wonder how you rode without one. lol I don't like the look of one on my bike, that's why it's detachable.

(I don't like the look of saddlebags either, that's why mine are detachable as well)

It's my understanding that a rider shoould be looking just over the top of the windshield, not thru the ws. QUOTE]

I'm sure some guys prefer to look OVER the ws, as do I on my Ultra, hence the 9" ws, but that's not a "should" at all, otherwise the factory ws would be shorter and there would be no market for these extra tall windshields. Looking over is a choice I'd say.

This has been debated MANY times in the past. To quote Smitty - "Your ride, you decide."

Back