1st Ride Since December!

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by Lucy, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Lucy

Lucy Active Member

It was AWESOME!!! Even though it was just four miles to get gas and four miles back (it is 40 degrees Farenheit), it was still awesome. It's supposed to start raining here again any minute so this was my only chance for a while. Just thought I'd share my happiness.

To all of you living in warm weather climates - I'm jealous!

2. geezer

geezer Senior Member Contributor

Glad you could get out to ride today even if it was only a short one. I've probably got 6 more weeks before I take my first ride.

3. fin_676

fin_676 Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

I got my bike out yesterday for the first time since october got in about 40 miles and it was a lot colder than it looked about 8 centigrade but the roads were dry

Brian

4. FIREDOG239

FIREDOG239 Active Member

Glad you got to ride down there this morning, for it's raining up here in N.E. MO. I got in about ten miles last week and I know what you mean, even a short ride is better than no ride at all.:D

5. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Well done, that first ride sure feels good:s

6. DakotaRob

DakotaRob Active Member

It's a great feeling, isn't it? :D I got 20 miles in last weekend, now we have cold and snow again.

7. horizonchaser

horizonchaser Senior Member Contributor

I'm still waiting for my first ride but it sure was good hearing from someone who took their bike out and shared with us the experience. It won't be too much longer when us folks up here in the Northeast will be cranking over our rides and hitting the open road. Can't wait!!!:small3d026:

8. airforceacop

airforceacop Active Member

I've got about 40 miles under my belt this week too for my first ride.....now it's rainy....but that's Germany......

9. sharpscuba

sharpscuba Banned

Well not to far off now as March is here!

10. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

Good for you to venture out - I'm still waiting for the rain to wash off our sand & salt. Roads aren't too great & we just got some more snow...wait continues, but I did order the oil temp gauge kit so got something to look forward to installing soon...:)