free website stats program 1st Ride Since December! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

1st Ride Since December!

I keep patiently waiting. Again today was very tempting with temp in upper
50's. Roads are still very much salt covered. Maybe I will uncover the bike next weekend for I have not seen bike since 2 weeks before Thanksgiving. I did buy a new pair of riding boots today. Spring fever is starting to set in BAAAAD.

Lucy,

I live across the river in Illinois and had mine out for about an hour today, it felt great. Spring is upon us I hope.

Lucy,

I live across the river in Illinois and had mine out for about an hour today, it felt great. Spring is upon us I hope.

I heard it's supposed to be pretty nice the middle part of this week too. I'm hoping to sneak out of work a bit early once or twice to get a quick ride in before night fall.

I heard it's supposed to be pretty nice the middle part of this week too. I'm hoping to sneak out of work a bit early once or twice to get a quick ride in before night fall.

Happy riding, remember the cagers are not used to Bikes on the road after winter, ride safe and look for escape routes just in case

Got mine out last week too. We had 1 nice day here in Forks where it actually looked like spring (albeit 38 degree spring) Rode about 30 minutes, then came back and finished my winter fluid changes...I don't know why, but I waited and did my tran last, oil and primary last November and tran last week...lol:60: Here is to a safe and awesome Spring and Summer, Ride safe!!

Got to go out riding today myself...it has been cold and raining here in SoCal...but today was brilliant, sunny but brisk 37*F in the morning, 55*F by mid afternoon. Decided to do oil and filter change after the ride...all good!

I wish I could get my bike out even if it is just a short ride. Nice weather can't get here soon enough.:(

It was AWESOME!!! Even though it was just four miles to get gas and four miles back (it is 40 degrees Farenheit), it was still awesome. It's supposed to start raining here again any minute so this was my only chance for a while. Just thought I'd share my happiness.

To all of you living in warm weather climates - I'm jealous!

My hat is off to all of you living in the north and venturing out. Here in Fl. we take for granted that we can get a ride in most days. Shine em up, check the tires and fluids, ride safe.:hii

I got my bike out yesterday for the first time since october.....

Brian

Fin, October? Man that must be a real pain - I had no idea your part of Scotland was that bad!
Apart from December & most of January it's been fine for riding here and this has been an exceptionally bad winter for us. Been out plenty since last week of Jan, bit cold at times but lately it's been 10 - 13 centigrade.

Back