free website stats program 110 cvo touring | Harley Davidson Forums

110 cvo touring

nfusion

I am looking at 2008 cvo electaglide are the older 110 engines as bad as everyone says dealer is willing to put a 2yr service plan on the bike any info would be greatfully apreaciated

You didn't say if the bike had all of the services done and what type of condition it is in. You also didn't say what they were asking for the bike. What does the "service plan" cover? You might also ask if the previous owner had an extended warranty that you can purchase.

IIRC, there was no CVO designation in '08; those models were sold as SE models and the only SE Electraglide was the Ultra Classic; FLHTCUSE. If the bike is an '08 and an extended warranty was purchased, there might be some time remaining and worth asking.

The early 110 motors were notorious for leaking at the cylinder to case seal so I would be looking there for any evidence of a leak. The dealer can also pull up the service record by VIN so you can see what, if any, work has been done on that bike.

You did not mention mileage or asking price. If the price is right and the two year service plan includes such things as cylinder to case leaks and you are not paying for the service plan, could be an OK purchase. However, do your homework; look at the NADA and Kelly values and figure out what you are willing to pay and be prepared to walk if you can't get the deal that you want. It's a slow market this time of year, all the dealers in my area have large inventories of used bikes so take as much advantage of the circumstances as you can and be patient; believe me, people are not lining up to buy that bike.:s

thanks for your input on this bike it has 60000 miles on it and was dealer serviced since new they have all the serves records which I am going to look at .they will put a 2yr service plan on the complete engine and transmission . 20000 dollars out the door. was also a one owner

60K miles and 20K dollars is way high in my opinion. Also in most areas, it's the buyers advantage, season wise.

you have to remember bikes are much more expensive in Canada than in the usa

I can't remember you are in Canada when there is no location mentioned in your post or avitar. :lero But from what I've heard lately your dollar is really devalued, so $20 your price, probably is in line.

you have to remember bikes are much more expensive in Canada than in the usa

$USD20K is $USD20K whether in Canada or the lower 48. The fact that that the bike is a one owner SE3FLHTCU with the 110" motor and all the other bells and whistled, serviced since new at the dealership and records kept is certainly a positive but the 60K miles is also an off setting negative.

Trade in value via the Kelley Blue Book is about $15K so the closer you can get to that number, the better the deal. If you put 10 miles on the bike, brought it back to the dealer to trade on a newer model next week, that's the best you would get in trade and would have to negotiate hard for that.

You also need to remember that the touring bikes went through some significant upgrades in 2009. Stiffer frame for better handling, taller and wider rear tire, lower final drive ratio and the cross under exhaust system to remove some heat away from passenger and rider, to mention a few. I think I would be looking for a 2010-2012 FLTHC which should be in the $13.5K-$14.5K with lower mileage and all the 2009 model year upgrades. Spend the savings on whatever performance and/or cosmetic upgrades you want.:sJMHO

IMO the MOCO miscued on the 110 engine, I bet a beefier case would solve the barrel leaks may also be the reason behind the liquid cooling of the exhaust valves once again JMO

Back