free website stats program 103 top end repair | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

103 top end repair

I hope the HD tech checked this: I noticed my 2011 limited was getting a "ring" on the muffler for the rear exhaust and near 1000 mi I noticed oil on the transmission cover. Dealer checked when they had it for a service and determined it was a bad (porous) head which allowed oil to get into the cylinder. Replaced the head under warrranty and no issues since.

Wanted to post an update on my repair. The dealership checked both cylinders and determined the rear cylinder was bad but the front was within spec. Therefore, they were only going to replace the bad cylinder. However, I spoke to the service manager and he contacted HD about my concerns. HD indicated they were not going to replace the front cylinder, but my dealership stepped up to the plate...they are going to replace both cylinders. I will continue doing business with this dealership.

Sounds like you at least have a dealer that is customer oriented. Hope you get the bike back soon and you have no further problems.

Sounds like a good dealer and they very well have a customer for life. I wish they were all like that.

Back