free website stats program 103 top end repair | Harley Davidson Forums

103 top end repair

Texas Rider 3

I have a 2011 Ultra Classic Limited (103) that has 3000 miles and started blowing oil on the rear cylinder. My dealer informed me they need to replace the piston, rings and cylinder on the rear cylinder. Is it necessary to rebuild both cylinders? If so, why?

I have a 2011 Ultra Classic Limited (103) that has 3000 miles and started blowing oil on the rear cylinder. My dealer informed me they need to replace the piston, rings and cylinder on the rear cylinder. Is it necessary to rebuild both cylinders? If so, why?

I it were my bike I would want both done @ the same time, that said Warranty will probably only do the one

Like Jack I would want both done. Have the dealer do a compression and leak down test on the front cyl. and go from there.

Wow! What could have led to this being necessary with so few miles? Being that the dealer indicated it would be necessary to do that level of work to correct this issue, any indication as to what caused the accelerated wear this soon?

I am with the others, I would want both cylinders done at the same time.

This is probably not a wear issue. It is most likely something that was done at the time the motor was manuf.

Typically warrty only covers repair of failed component. I would be talking a new factory replacement engine and would be getting MOCO involved. How is bike running and why or how is dealer making the call to rebuild the one cylinder. Has shop checked for clogged breather system or even if oil is overfilled. To me something seems a miss.

Haven't heard of MOCO...what is this? Also, I did check the oil level and according to the dip stick, it appeared over filled. The bike was cold when I checked and the level of oil on the dip stick was at the full level if hot. The dealership recently performed the 2500 mile service which includes an oil change.

MOCO is an abbreviation for motor company in our case this refers to Harley Davidson

Brian

Haven't heard of MOCO...what is this? Also, I did check the oil level and according to the dip stick, it appeared over filled. The bike was cold when I checked and the level of oil on the dip stick was at the full level if hot. The dealership recently performed the 2500 mile service which includes an oil change.

Always verify fluid levels after a dealer service.:s

Back