free website stats program 1000 Mile Service | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

1000 Mile Service

I agree once I get this one out of the way with the dealer. It will be me and a service manual from here on out.

Why let the dealer do the 1000 mile service and put junk(syn 3) in all 3 holes when you plan on doing the rest of the services?

Why let the dealer do the 1000 mile service and put junk(syn 3) in all 3 holes when you plan on doing the rest of the services?

+1 The dealer can make you believe that they need to do it for warrty. That is false. When working at a Harley dealer in 2008, and my 1,000 mile service was done nothing special or out of the ordinary was performed on my bike. When asked about lubing neck bearing was told did not do because grease leaks on frt fender. When asked about it listed on maintenance sheet I was told how many neck bearing have you replaced in all the years riding.... They never did grease them. So save yourself alot of trouble and just do the 1,000 mile yourself and have complete peace of mind instead of worrying if the dealer did the whole service and did it correctly.

yes that's odd especially since I am nearly positive that the lifters cannot be adjusted on the new bikes. I believe they are all hydraulic and unless you have a hi-fi rocker set up (after-market). Mine is a 2011 SG and they just had mine apart and I can guarantee you there is no adjustment on that. Good luck!

is there a maintenance record form on this site, that you can print off and fill out as services are completed or was that on another site. thanks

Back