free website stats program 1000 Mile Clutch Adjustment??? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

1000 Mile Clutch Adjustment???

Thanks for the info, I got 2 quarts of the Formula+ since my 2012 Street Glide calls for 38oz.

Ihgdale,

Keep in mind that the book gives you approx amounts of fluid, a good rule of thumb is to measure what comes out and replace with the same. Never a bad idea to dubble check your work.

O definately every fluid capacity the manual lists for my bike has been too much or too little. Trans is on Add after 1 quart manual stated 28oz. Engine took 3.5 quarts and we will see about the primary. Gonna measure and take a pic of the level.
WAP.gif

No slack in the cable and engages right in the sweet spot. I just hate to mess it up,

New plates and discs are not perfectly flat from the factory and will "bed" themselves quickly. Just like a set of brake pads, they will fully seat themselves early on. That is why HD recommends you perform the adjust at 1K.
On my 2009, I was surprised how close I was to the limit of the pressure screw adjustment window after just 1000 miles. But that was my bike, and with an adjustment like that, no two are the same.

Don't go by slack in the cable or clutch lever position because as the clutch pack wears in and beds, the slack gets reduced.

If you feel you might "mess it up",,,, sooner or later your going to have to face the challenge. You may as well do it now, learn all about it and get it over with. I would.

Thanks for the info, I got 2 quarts of the Formula+ since my 2012 Street Glide calls for 38oz.

I have a 2012 street glide as well , and when I shift gears most of the time it clunks or snaps really loud, after many trips to the dealership and them adjusting the cluch I'm told it is normal. Yours doesn't do that?

Back