free website stats program 09-08-07 DTC Codes | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

09-08-07 DTC Codes

Woops, sorry, I didn't see yours was an 06, you don't have them. They started in 07.

I got your post confused with another one. You were talking about an injector code, not an 02 code, sorry.

Try moving the wiring harness on the injector with the engine idling and see if the engine stumbles at all. If the harness is strapped to tightly it can break the copper inside the wire covering and it will set that code. The outer covering will look OK but the copper is separated inside.

Ha ha, wow you really had me scratchin my head there for a sec. Beginning to think I hadn't learned as much as I thought. So we are talking about the harness from the tuner to the injector is that correct?

The harness BY the injector at the plug within an inch or two but also check the rest of the wiring for condition too and that all the plugs are tight.

I am supposed to take the bike back by dealer on Monday to have a few little things done to it. Do you think this is an issue I should deal with myself before Monday, they are 2 hours away and I planned on a ride tomorrow. I guess what I'm askin is do you think this could shut me down or just keep throwin codes? I put about 150-200 miles on it today after finding the code plus rode it home from the dealer yesterday.

If it is what I referenced above, the bike will probably run ok but it will set the code every time it runs.

You can check it out to be on the safe side, it's not a difficult thing to do. If you just give the harness a bit of movement and a little pull while it's running, it may tell the story.

Cool, I hate to sound like such a noob, but what the heck I am a noob. I shouldn't have to lift the tank or such to access that wiring should I? I am really excited about this bike I had to do an unexpected upgrade from a 2000 Electra Glide Ultra to this bike and it's like a whole new experience, rides great, runs good, same color as the bike in your avatar, really nice. Are there any other issues with the 06 I might expect in the future, has about 26k miles on it.

You should be able to get in there without lifting the tank.

You may want to keep check on the cam chain tensioners . If they wear and self destruct when not checked, they can do major damage. Better to be safe than sorry.

They should be checked starting at about 25K

That's the issue that got me started reading on this forum, as I said I had a 2000 with 50k miles, while checking into that issue I found another which led me to end up with this 06, all worked out great. I wasn't sure how long the tensioner problem continued as far as year models, when did they change to the hydraulics or whatever they did to eliminate that prob. As I understand it the 06 may not be the best candidate for gear cams due to crank run out, so you think an up grade to hydraulics is the best solution for the 06?

Back