free website stats program 07 RG Demons? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

07 RG Demons?

Thanks everyone for the great suggestions. I replaced the CPS and had hopes that wold be the culprit. Happened again yesterday after a short ride, stop at the store, fire back up, ride a short distance, stop again, return to the bike and it got cranky about starting. Finally fired after five minutes and several stops later had not repeated the problem. The Glide is in my garage, stripped to her essentials and undergoing inch by inch inspection. Like my Granpa said, check the easy stuff first. I'll post any results here for everyones info. Thanks again, Doug

Thanks everyone for the great suggestions. I replaced the CPS and had hopes that wold be the culprit. Happened again yesterday after a short ride, stop at the store, fire back up, ride a short distance, stop again, return to the bike and it got cranky about starting. Finally fired after five minutes and several stops later had not repeated the problem. The Glide is in my garage, stripped to her essentials and undergoing inch by inch inspection. Like my Granpa said, check the easy stuff first. I'll post any results here for everyones info. Thanks again, Doug

2007 Torque Smoothing download - Harley Davidson Community have you checked the dealer for this, you can also check at H D .com by using your VIN number

My buddys RoadKing was doing exactly same thing.........bad coil.
After checking everything and I mean everything...........bad coil.
After fixing, looked coil over really good had little cracks around base where the bolt on tabs were. We guessed coil warmed up as usual and was grounding through base.
wilks3

Wilks3
Thanks for the tip! Another Gentleman suggested the same but I hadn't reached that part of the inspection. Now I'm going right to it to see if I have the same issue. Work get's in the way of the fun things in life sometimes. I'll keep ya'll posted on the results.

Thanks again, Doug

Gentlemen;
It appears that the coils were the culprit. I took the advice offered and did a full inspection of all electrical connections, including pulling the gas tank and everything else I could get my hands on. Everything was cleaned and inspected. With a new set of coils in place I rode it for a full day here in 69 degree Calif central coast, heavy traffic, full freeway, residential, everything I could throw at it, no failures. Thank you all for your replies and your support, I think my "Demon" has been exorcised.

Best Regards, Doug

Glad to hear its back up and running.
69 degree day. Man I wish I could ride. Got up to 26 Today. Soon baby soon.

A Bad coil pack really does not explain a DTC P0562 being logged but I am glad to hear you may have resolved it.

Back