free website stats program 07 Clutch adjuster screw | Harley Davidson Forums

07 Clutch adjuster screw

Earlm64

I bought a 07 fxstc with 18K and adjusted the clutch during maintenance and cleaning. the Clutch adjuster screw is sticking way out in the center of the clutch pack (about 1.5 - 2 inches) it doesnt seem right. I looked on a video in here and the screw was in "allot" farther. The clutch is working great now:). BUT does this mean the plates are pretty worn out and need replacing or is there something else wrong?

Did you fully collapse the cable adjuster before setting the screw in the clutch? Clutch screw should not be out that far. At 18k your clutch should be fine. Maybe watch the video again to be sure you did not miss a step. Good luck.:)

Yes it was cold. Yes i fully collapsed the cable till the handle hit the grip i opened the derby cover and it was sticking way out there I backed it off a three turns - then in until it hit ( which was about 5.5 turns and the clutch handle moved a bit backed it off closed it up adjusted the cable and it works great lower gears haven't been on the highway yet after adjustment but i am concerned at the amount it is sticking out.

so how do i fix this problem?? is it just a hydrolic pump that can work at any depth if compressed??

Last edited:
After you adjust the stud with the clutch dead cold and tighten the lock-nut, how many threads are past the nut.?

If everything works ok perhaps the wrong rod is fitted or the problem is at the operating mechanism rather than at the clutch end

Brian

A clutch doesnt need much free travel to work properly that been said its strange u would have that much rod sticking out is this a stock clutch pack

Hope this helps easy your mind a bit. about 12 threads
clutch002.jpg

clutch005.jpg

wow that one sticks out quite aways mine dont poke out that far maybe half that

Back