free website stats program 07 Clutch adjuster screw | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

07 Clutch adjuster screw

Thanxs to everyone and especially you smitty for the pictures it eases my mind. my thread count is 19 and the clutch is working perfect now that i adjusted it. I had just purchased the bike at auction for 8k and it wasn't all that well cared for but a good cleaning, fluid changes, new tires, front rim, pegs, grips, arlen ness big sucker air cleaner and a Dyno Jet Power Commander prepped it right back up. oh and I lowered it 2 inches. Again thank you everyone for the speedy replies.

Same thing happened to me, I just knew something wasn't right, it didn't look right, just like those pics. I wound up dropping the tranny fluid and removing the tranny door, where the clutch cable end up. Took the clip off and made sure the three balls were on right. Removed the rods that go from clutch basket to tranny door. cleaned everything up then reinstalled everything back on, made all my adjustments and this time it looked right. Good luck 'cause I had to do it two or three times before it just worked out right.

Hope this helps easy your mind a bit. about 12 threads
clutch002.jpg

clutch005.jpg

Either you're stupidly bored,or you're altruistic.
Either way,that's a pretty decent gesture to pull your cover off.

I know it's not a big job,but still.....:cheers

I would bet that someone used the wrong pushrod at some point before you got the bike. I suggest taking the snap ring out that secures the adjuster plate and grabbing the pushrod. Haul it over to the nearest HD Dealership and compare it to the one that is supposed to be in there according to the book. If the right one is shorter, buy it and install. That should do it.

If they are the same, then we'll have to keep digging.

TQ

Way to go Smitty, knowing that you ride your bike and only have about 12 threads showing looks like EarlM64 may have to investigate the assembly a bit, knowing how many miles you have on your machine (well maintained of course) and his being the same year...might give a good perspective. Being as you have two bikes, your mileage may be more or less comparable.

Back