free website stats program 06 dyna Rotor-Stator | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

06 dyna Rotor-Stator

Well I got " Black Betty" the Street Bob fired up last night around 9:00. No charging/battery light came on so that's a good sign. Shifts a little rough going in to 1st gear. I adjusted the clutch but might need another clutch adjustment. Changed the fluid but left the old gaskets. I put newpaper under the primary to see if I have any leaks. I didn't see any last night after running her for a few minutes. I had to pound the rotor on with a rubber mallet and a block of wood. It was fun trying to figure out how to transfer the stator wires(3) to the old plug.

I plan to take her for a short ride tonight- very short.

Always adjust the clutch on a totally cold motor for best results. The adjustment changes as the engine warms up.

Well took Black Betty for a 90 mile ride this weekend with multiple stops. Everything went fine. No leaks and the shifting was fine, I think I'm home free. I want to thank all of you for your help.

Now i will be changing all the fluids on both bikes. I have a 2005 Ultra Classic I ride when I'm wiith the wife.

Did you have the same problem as the rest of us SB owners? I am talking about the bolts comming out of the two piece rotor and trashing the stator. This is the problem I am dealing with now on my 06 SB, it seems like every time i fix something on this thing something else breaks. iI was wondering if you went back with the stock rotor or with a one piece rotor.

Hey guys my rotor came apart and seeing as I live in a remote area of northern australia it has been a real pain. The bolts shredded the stator and also cracked the magnets in the rotorHD Australia agreed to a goodwill warranty (problem occured 2 months out of warranty & under 18000 km's) and I believe it was because this has been an ongoing problem. They supplied all gaskets and everything in the primary chaincase including clutch assembly because of consequential damage. The biggest drama has been my local HD dealer (800km) away has ordered the wrong parts several time and now after 8 weeks since warranty approval my bike is still on blocks. I would weld the bolt heads or just weld the connection the rotor / flywheel. I'd put in some pics if I knew how.

Hello everyone, I'm from CHILE, I have electrical problems, my battery won't charge, I thought it was the Voltage Regulator so I went ahead and bought a new one, only to found out later that the actual problem was with my stator, I have recently found out that 06 Dyna's have two possibles stator assembly, one being welded and the other one being bolted, how can I be certain of which one I got ? and looking at some other posts it seems like a pretty big job... ufff.

Hello everyone, I'm from CHILE, I have electrical problems, my battery won't charge, I thought it was the Voltage Regulator so I went ahead and bought a new one, only to found out later that the actual problem was with my stator, I have recently found out that 06 Dyna's have two possibles stator assembly, one being welded and the other one being bolted, how can I be certain of which one I got ? and looking at some other posts it seems like a pretty big job... ufff.

Did you feel a clunk or hear anything with the motor running just before the charging issue?
If so I would bet that your Rotor threw one or all of the bolts into your Stator. HD will charge you $400-$500 for the stator and rotor. Good news is the replacement rotor is welded and shouldn't do this again. Labour should be about 4.5 hours at a decent motor shop. The entire Primary and chain needs to come off. Hope your crank shaft isn't damaged. If you have the time, tools and knowledge it's really not an impossible job. I paid a shop to do the job for me.

Did you feel a clunk or hear anything with the motor running just before the charging issue?
If so I would bet that your Rotor threw one or all of the bolts into your Stator. HD will charge you $400-$500 for the stator and rotor. Good news is the replacement rotor is welded and shouldn't do this again. Labour should be about 4.5 hours at a decent motor shop. The entire Primary and chain needs to come off. Hope your crank shaft isn't damaged. If you have the time, tools and knowledge it's really not an impossible job. I paid a shop to do the job for me.

No clunk or weird noise at all, just the check engine and battery lights came on at the same time, I assume your stator was the bolted one, there is no HD dealer near my city, a HD certified mechanic is coming in a few days (I hope), and hopefully he'll be able to help me out with this. I'll be assisting in order to learn as much as possible. Thanks for replying... I still don't know whether my stator is bolted or welded. Greetings from CHILE !

No clunk or weird noise at all, just the check engine and battery lights came on at the same time, I assume your stator was the bolted one, there is no HD dealer near my city, a HD certified mechanic is coming in a few days (I hope), and hopefully he'll be able to help me out with this. I'll be assisting in order to learn as much as possible. Thanks for replying... I still don't know whether my stator is bolted or welded. Greetings from CHILE !

Not your stator, it is the rotor that may be the two piece bolted, or welded. Have to dissassemble to check unless you have any sort of paper trail on a previous mod. that would show changing.

TQ

Back