free website stats program 05 Dyna running lean | Harley Davidson Forums

05 Dyna running lean

Hi all, I've been a member of this forum for a while now, but this is my first post. I seem to be having a problem with my Dyna leaning out. It had a little over 15,000 miles on it and burn't the front piston under the intake valve. I have rebuilt the motor, and am afraid that it may happen again. The bike isn't displaying any codes, so I am really not sure where to go from here. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Chuck

Don't miss the discount link in that forum.:s

Many on the site run them and are pleased with the results. Do a search for TFI at the top of the page.

Thank you very much, I'll take a look.

The Front cylinder is usually Lean to the back one.. IF you have stage one and Have done Nothing to Richen the fuel mixture,,

This is EXACTLY what happens to a bike that is Way Too Lean.....

The TFI WILL give you a SAFE richer fuel mix by just using the suggested settings they furnish with the unit....

Units run about 250$ and Less with other discounts IF you Qualify,, You already qualify for the HDT.com discount..

Call Chris at Dobecks Performance and ask him about the TFI 406-388-2377

For me, I would ask
What is done to your bike Now?

Stage one??? Other engine modifications???

and How long is it running on the rebuild ??

DON't Chance ANOTHER burnt motor.

signed....BUBBIE

Thanks guys, I'm running a Super Tuner. That should do the same thing,right. I'm starting to think there was a problem with the injector. I ran injector cleaner in the last three tanks of fuel. It did seem to run a little better, even though the front cylinder was gone. The rebuild has two miles on it. The bike has never ran this well from day one. Mods are Stage One air cleaner with K&N filter, Thunder Header and the tuner

I forgot to say that the bike had 12000 miles when I bought it, and now has 15700.

Last edited by a moderator:
I forgot to say that the bike had 12000 miles when I bought it, and now has 15700.

Just keep a close eye on the front cyl. and spark plug from time to time...

Looks like you have a good handle on the FEEL If Lean develops..

Good Running..

signed....BUBBIE

It burnt the piston under the intake and no pinging that I could hear. Intake valve and seat were fine. I did rebuld the heads while the were off.

Are you sure there was no valve to piston contact with your build?

Did you clay the pistons when you built it?

Back