free website stats program wow | Harley Davidson Forums

wow

hotrodjohn

Traded in 04 road king for an 11ultra. Wow what a sweet ride. Couldn't stand the stock seat. Told the dealer it was a deal breaker. Out comes the parts guy with a touring seat from Rush. Liked it and they threw it in for free. Gave me almost what I paid for the used roadking. Couldn't pass up the deal. Two questions. What highway peg mounts should I get to work with the lowers? I am 5'9". Also has anyone Changed the handlebars? I wouldn't mind them slightly closer and slightly higher. Looks like a pain in the butt to do?
WAP.gif

I couldn't agree more on the ride of the 2011, I've had mine for 4 or 5 weeks and loved it every day since. When I purchased mine, I got them to throw in a little bling and one of the things I choose was the Stealth Collection footpegs, liked the look of them and still do. The thing I did wrong was to only go with plain old engine guard footpeg mounting kit. When I first started using them it felt like they didn't stick out far enough from the lowers and I never felt like my boot was sitting squarely on the peg as it felt like it was being pushed off by the lowers. I've since gotten used to them and will keep them as apposed to buying new. If I had it to do over I would have at least gone with the adjustable highway peg mounting kit(which would be a better option for you since you have a shorter inseam as I'm 6 foot), or not gotten them at all and gone with some aftermarket Kuryakyn's, I had a set of longhorn offset dually on my other bike that I really liked a lot.

I loved the road king but I can't get over the improvements to the 09 and up. Truly a very impressive machine. Feels so solid. Cruise at 85 all day long.
WAP.gif

Congrats on the new steed. May you make many miles of smiles upon it.
These peg mounts go around lowers. Click on link: Adjustable Highway Peg Mounting Kit - Short Angled | Harley-Davidson USA
The catolog shows long ones in black. Ask about chrome long ones for I have seen them on Ultras. Brings peg back past lower. Adjustable Highway Peg Mounting Kit - Long Angled | Harley-Davidson USA

Then pick the pegs you like.

I have these pegs on my 2010 Ultra Limited and they are great. I'm 5'8" with a 30" inseam and they adjusted perfectly. Congrats on your new ride!!!

Congrats on the new ride - enjoy the creature comforts of a sweet Ultra. I tried HD's long-angle mounts (5'11" w/34" inseam), but couldn't get them to work like I wanted. After a week of mounting, moving & testing - traded for short-angle & dialed them in. Just gotta go w/the ones that work for your comfort-zone.

I see that dbmg has you covered on the highway pegs and they do come in chrome. There are a variety of handle bars that you can swap out too, some very expensive and some not. I switched my bars out to Heritage bars brought them back a little further for me (5'5") so I was not reaching for them. Also, there was enough wire to pull from harness that an extention kit was not required. I let the dealer do all the work as the bike was in the shop for getting the stage one tuner put in.
Again congrats and ride safe.

Back