free website stats program Would you buy a bike off of ebay? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Would you buy a bike off of ebay?

If I where to buy off ebay it would be in this country.I would research the seller good and check the vin# and stuff like that.And of course the usual like others have stated, you can never be too careful.

I actually got a bike off of ebay a little bit ago. The seller had great feedback and the only reason that he was getting rid of his bike was because he had some medical problems that kept him from riding. I would say as long as you find a good seller that you will be fine.

Well since I am just buying my first bike I felt that I did not know enough to know what to look for to buy something used, so I went with new. I think that if you have the knowledge you could save yourself some serious cash on ebay.

Sure! I have bought tons of things off of ebay and almost a year ago I bought a car on ebay. I have had great luck with it and bought it from a little old lady that was not able to drive anymore and her son put it on ebay to sell the car, great deal.

The only way I buy a bike is to actually touch it and ride it. If I can't see it in person I wouldn't even consider it. I say be wreary of anything that appears to be to good of a deal, it probably is. As the old adage goes. Be careful out there buying anything from someone you don't know.

Personally I wouldn't buy a bike or a car off ebay, I just don't think it can be trusted. If you have already done buisness with the person and haven't had any negative experiences I suppose it's ok to buy off Ebay.

I would not buy a bike that i could not take out for a test spin. I imagine shipping would be outrageous too, which would probably negate any good price deal you find. Sure anybody can rip you off, but you have a way higher chance of it if you never get on the bike!

Sure why not?....just be sure that you take it to a Harley Davidson dealership and have the qualified mechanics go completely over the whole bike and let you know what it's worth first!!!....got it?....ok you ask, "How can I do that?!?"......Answer: You e-mail the seller, tell them you are interested, tell them you want a report faxed to YOU from an Official Harley Davidson sevice dept. that the bike is of sound operating condition and an estimate of it's value. Until then....hold your bid!

Last edited:
I bought a bike from eBay, funny tho it was being sold from someone who sat in a cube no more than 25 feet from me. I didn't know it at the time I was looking at the ad.

I never thought I would, but... I did.
I kept watching for bikes within a distance I could physically see/test ride it. When I found it, I took a few friends that are far more mechanically inclined than myself. My bike ended up being my best ebay deal ever!

Back