free website stats program Worth the trouble? | Harley Davidson Forums

Worth the trouble?

Talking with a reputable, experienced tech yesterday at HD of Cartersvile, GA. I was asking him about serious performance upgrades for an 09 1200n, I told him I was thinking about bolt in cams. His advice was not to bother with cams unless I was going to deck, port and polish the heads and add adjustable pushrods and a few other modifications. Has anyone performed a stage 1 and then replaced the cams on there sporty? What were your numbers, was it worth it? I would say he was just trying to get me to spend more money at the dealer but they dont do headwork and I told him I was installing the cams myself. Any input would really help my decision.

2009 XL1200N
V&H Sideshots
SE stage 1 A/C
SE pro Race Tuner

Stage I modified bike has air cleaner, fueling and exhaust modifications WITHOUT internal mods to the cams or engine. Your are referring to Stage II when you start changing cams, and maybe if barrels, pistons and beyond then...Stage III, if beyond this you are doing serious work on induction system, engine modifications including crank and the sky is literally the limit...Stage 4!!!

Stage 1-2-3-4 Explained - Archive - Harley Davidson Community

Stage I modified bike has air cleaner, fueling and exhaust modifications WITHOUT internal mods to the cams or engine. Your are referring to Stage II when you start changing cams, and maybe if barrels, pistons and beyond then...Stage III, if beyond this you are doing serious work on induction system, engine modifications including crank and the sky is literally the limit...Stage 4!!!

Stage 1-2-3-4 Explained - Archive - Harley Davidson Community

Yes I understand about the different stages, I guess I worded my sentence wrong NewHD. I have stage 1 and was asking the tech about the most bang for the buck when going to stage 2 or 3. Thanks for the clarification, didnt mean to confuse anyone.

Back