free website stats program workshop manuals | Harley Davidson Forums

workshop manuals

gunnut

I know this is getting kinda boring,but does anybody know where I can lay my hands on a GENUINE HD '96 wide glide workshop manual????
Also,some that know better n' me,dont rate the CLYMER or HAYES ones.
Be interrested in your opinions,especially Glider or Hobbit.

You should be able to get one through the dealer unless you can find a used one floating around.

Best to stick with the HD manual.

Absolutely as Glider said. Stick to the HD Factory Service Manual for your year and model. The subtle changes can be extremely aggravating if using a different reference source!

TQ

Last edited:
find the clymer manuals have a bit more detail in them and they give all mesures in metric as well as in imperial
hd manuals only have imperial mesures
i have a selection of both and tend to cross reference them and the info so far is always as detailed in the clymer manual
in the modern haynes manual every second sentence is consult your dealer or take it to your dealer
although i was brought up with haynes hardly worth buying these days
whatever manual you get the hd parts list for your model is an invaluable resource for part numbers and very detailed blown diagrams
hope this helps

Brian

Just purchased one on Friday for 60 bucks at my local HD dealer, a little pricy but it gives you all the wiring harness scematics as well as all the maintence and how to's you could need to take a bike apart and rebuild it. I have found other official HD manuals on line for as low as 24 bucks, just not for my bike, thats why I just said scew it and paid the 60 to get it over with. Kinda of like removing a Band-Aid do it quick and be done, you well get the satisfaction later.

I just bought the factory service manual for 07 Dynas from St. Paul HD (via Ebay). $51 plus $5.93 shipping, no tax, arrived at my door in about 4 days.

The Factory service Manual and Parts Catalog will be the 2 best tools in your box. they may be a little expensive but worth every penny.

Back