free website stats program Wobble movement when I de-accelerate. | Harley Davidson Forums

Wobble movement when I de-accelerate.

tstock03

The last few time I got my 06 Deluxe out I noticed when I let off the gas I get a side to side wobbling movement from the front end. Does anyone know what could cause this? Initially I thought it could be the front tire unbalanced but if this movement only happens when I let off the gas… Any suggestions would be appreciated.

It could be alignment, tire pressures, steering head adjustment , loose spokes and some other things. Best to attack them one at a time to find out what;s causing the wobble.

Put it on a jack and spin the wheel by hand,sometimes you can see if it is the rim or a shifted tire

My Heritage did the same thing right around the 5000 mile checkup. They said the front end bearings needed adjustment and that was part of the maintenance. They did it and it worked wonderfully after that.

The last few time I got my 06 Deluxe out I noticed when I let off the gas I get a side to side wobbling movement from the front end. Does anyone know what could cause this? Initially I thought it could be the front tire unbalanced but if this movement only happens when I let off the gas… Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Spin the chrome cap off the main bolt for the triple tree and tighten it tighter than tight. That will solve it. Had same problem with my Heritage on a decell around 40mph.

Spin the chrome cap off the main bolt for the triple tree and tighten it tighter than tight. That will solve it. Had same problem with my Heritage on a decell around 40mph.

Make that 70 lbs TQ instead of tighter than tight.

Back