Wiring Diagram for 1991 heritage FLSTC

Discussion in 'Softail Models' started by Ragtop, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Ragtop

Ragtop Member

Hi all,
    It's been a while since I have been on here but I am looking for a wiring diagram for a 1991 harley heritage softtail classic. Anyone got any leads??
    Thanx:)

2. lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman Member

you might try one of your local auto supply dealers they sell motorcyle repair manuals
    they have wiring diagrams in the back of the manul it will show wiring diagrams for different soft tail models

3. astrorock

astrorock Member

i have the complete manual on a disc.. send me your e-mail

4. Ragtop

Ragtop Member

Man that would be great! I sent my email to you by private message. I am trying to trace down a wiring problem and just can't seem to find it.
    Thx

5. astrorock

astrorock Member

no problem, let me know if you can open the file ok..

6. Ragtop

Ragtop Member

Okay here's what I am trying to find. I have a new after market ignition switch, bike runs great when the lights are off, when I turn the lights on I lose power. When I turn the signal light on I lose power even worse. I have checked for shorts and grounds and could not find anything wrong. Anyone have any clues as to what to look for next or a direction to go?? I have ordered a new ignition switch from harley davidson, not aftermarket, to see if that may be the problem but waiting on part to come in. Any input would be appreciated.:newsmile108:

7. astrorock

astrorock Member

do you have the left and right leads on the switch reversed..