Wire problems

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by jackod, Feb 10, 2013.

1. jackod

jackod Member

I found a mess when I went to add the iSimple wire for my ipod. I believe the previous owner tapped into the accessory plug wires by the seat to add a GPS. Some of the red wires look they jump between two other wires and I don't know why he didn't just connect them. I plan to use some posi-tap type connectors to try and clean this up. (Not much good at soldering)

My questions are: Do you think there is any reason I can't just eliminate the jumper wires? Will I still be able to connect to and use the accessory plug?

I posted this on another forum in case you see it there but I didn't get any replies so I thought maybe you folks wouldn't mind taking a look at it. Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Bodeen

Bodeen Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Its hard to tell from pictures as to what goes where. Electrical tape is not a good connection however. Without actually seeing it, it will be hard to point you in the right direction.

3. jackod

jackod Member

Thanks for looking. I will try to draw up a diagram of what is going where.

4. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member Contributor

IMO get rid of any wires you are not using, they will cause you a problem at some time, and make permanent repairs on your wires

5. JamesRClark

JamesRClark Member

^^ what he said. quick fixes on wiring jobs have a sneaky habit of reappearing later:newsmile055:

6. jackod

jackod Member

I think I'm going to try and find someone local who can show me a good way to solder and shrink wrap the wires.

7. Jack Klarich

:s Very good idea:D

8. jackod

jackod Member

9. Jack Klarich

:sLooks like a good product:D